Maersk - Cluster Accountant - CA (6-11 yrs)
Shift- 11-8 PM
Finance and Accounting Process works on accounting processes from regions including America, Europe, Africa and Asia. The team has an active participation in the corporate drive for process standardization and enhancements, which has resulted in higher efficiencies, uniformity of accounting practices and quality & consistent management reporting.
We offer :
As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren't all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.
Key responsibilities :
- Interaction with overseas offices in relation to the assignment of the expatriate
- Discussion with tax consultants of the tax implications arising from assignment conditions.
- Interaction and correspondence with overseas offices on various tax issues of expatriates.
- Coordination with tax consultants for calculating monthly withholding tax in India.Verifying the working of withholding tax liability.
- Ensuring payment of withholding tax liability within due dates.
- Providing clarifications to tax consultant about queries raised.
- Coordinating with overseas entities for the remittance of Withholding tax amounts.
- Verifying and filing quarterly e-TDS Returns
- Issuance of Form 16A and vendor TDS reconciliation
- Coordinating with tax consultants for preparation income-tax returns of the expatriates.
We are looking for :
- Chartered Accountant with minimum 6 years experience in Direct taxes; SAP experience is preferred. Good analytical and communication skills.
- Ensuring electronic payment of advance tax before due dates
- Coordination with other teams and preparation of the 3CEB form along with annexures in respect of Transfer Pricing certificate.
- Getting segmental accounts audited .Liaising with transfer pricing auditors to have the relevant forms audited. Coordination with other trams and preparation of the 3CD form along with annexures in respect of tax audit.
- Liaising with tax auditors to have the relevant forms audited
- Follow-up with tax refunds. Updating tax tracker.Maintaining of historic data of various tax issues year-wise.
- Keeping the tax balances as per the accounting standard.
- Passing the accounting entry once order is received from tax department.
- Maintaining prior year chart of tax provision and tax payment made
- Coordinating for information, analysing the information before it is presented. Discussing with tax consultants on contentious issues.
- Preparing submissions to be made before Income tax authorities.
- Analysing the orders and filing appeal with the assistance of tax consultants.
- Guidance to AP team on withholding taxes
- Verification of the monthly TDS liability and uploading payments
- Checking of Quarterly TDS returns and ensuring that they are filed by the due date. 26AS reconciliation with revenue
- Preparation of deferred tax provision statement.Preparing of notes to accounts related party. Preparing of provision for tax working .Keeping track of Tax Asset GL.
Making monthly provision for tax entry.Preparation of monthly tax pack. Analysing the impact of the Income-tax Notification/Circulars on the Company and guiding the relevant personnel to ensure proper compliance.