Associate at LoEstro Advisors
Views:2209 Applications:208 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:108
LoEstro Advisors - Associate/Analyst - Frontend Investment Banking (1-5 yrs)
Associate/Analyst - Frontend Investment Banking
About the Company:
LoEstro Advisors is a boutique investment banking and advisory firm based out of Hyderabad. We work with clients on fundraise, M&A, and consulting engagements across industries such as Education, Technology, Consumer, and Healthcare.
We work across the deal spectrum from initiating conversations with founders, to eventually closing + announcing the transaction (in some cases, we also work on post-merger integrations).
1. Deal Execution
- Preparing collaterals including detailed financial models, investor memorandum, valuation materials, data book with analysis and insights
- Effectively coordinating the due diligence and documentation process, and front-ending the relationship with the respective client representatives
- Representing client in investor / buyer-seller interactions
2. Sector coverage & Support towards Business Development
- Mapping of assigned segment (product, geography/industry group) and building understanding/expertise of that segment
- Outreach to potential clients and investors
- Maintaining a database of companies in assigned segments
- Effectively maintaining relationship with investors or company professionals on the deal to have a recall
- Preparing Pitch Documents and other client presentations
- Ongoing industry networking
Is Investment Banking All We Do Here? The answer to that is no. All members, and this includes everyone, work on certain engagements which are outside the scope of our primary deal work.
All of us work on everything. This includes building a client pipeline, working on PR, top-of-the-funnel marketing, internal firm initiatives, creating learning resources, recruitment, website management, podcast management, and blog creation.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to understand and ask key questions
- Fluent communication and confidence
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- Storytelling and presentation
- Technical: Excel, PPT, Word
Life at LoEstro:
We promote a healthy balance of life and work at our firm. Jotting down a few reasons why we think a prospect would be happy here:
- Healthy leave policy (without unnecessary probing). We respect your reasons to want some time off to yourself
- Promotion of good mental health practices (you can take time off if you feel that you require it)
- Reasonable working hours. No, we do not think that you need to burn the midnight oil to be a good banker. Just owning your work and being efficient will do well. (Maybe this is because none of our current members are ex-bankers)
- Start-up like culture (because we are a start-up). One can feel free to crack jokes, talk about their routine/weekends, or absolutely anything as long as it is not disrespectful to others
- Gender neutral and inclusive hiring. We consciously make a choice to ensure that there is a fair balance in how our team looks. Currently, 50 percent of our team is female (and that is by design)
- Independent working. Everyone at LoEstro works pretty much independently. So, that means that apart from having our morning and evening catch-ups, no member is consistently micro-managed, and no one has to keep track of time for each and every step they take. Owning your own work solves for the problem around time management
- Getting paid what you're worth. At LoEstro, we truly value the people we work with and do not throw around jargons like "industry standards". If we like you (and you like us), then we will make sure that you like your paycheck
- Off-sites, parties, and dinners. Unlike display in popular media, a lot of investment bankers are actually pretty gentle and sober folks. And while many of us at LoEstro are "pretty chill", we ensure that there is enough partying for all of us to have some fun!