HR Specialist - Recruitment at Livspace.com
Views:2809 Applications:133 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:89
Livspace - Manager - Taxation - CA (6-8 yrs)
Livspace is India's leading interior design and renovation platform that connects interior designers, vendors, and homeowners. For homeowners, Livspace is their one-stop destination for end-to-end home interiors. Livspace currently serves nine metro areas in India and boasts a community of over 20,000+ happy customers and 2000+ interior designers.
The interior design space is a multi-billion-dollar industry in India, expected to exceed $23 Bn by 2022. Showcasing unprecedented growth across metrics, Livspace has emerged as a market leader in this large space in just 4 years since its launch.
The founders- Anuj Srivastava and Ramakant Sharma- are former Google and Myntra executives, who are seasoned entrepreneurs and successful angel investors. Livspace's leadership team combines world-class talent and entrepreneurial experience gathered at some of the best companies in the world. The company is well-funded by marquee investors like TPG Growth, Goldman Sachs, Jungle, Bessemer, Helion Jungle and UC-RNT.
Livspace currently employs over 1700 talented people. As a part of this dynamic team, you will have a chance to learn new things, build your managerial competence, be at the helm of an innovative tech startup, and problem-solve on how to better the home interiors experience. If you value autonomy, enjoy a good challenge and believe in getting things done, this is the right place for you.
Key Purpose of the role:
- Ensure complete, accurate, and timely filing and payment of all direct & indirect taxes (corporate income tax and withholding tax) and indirect taxes (GST India is a must & GST - other regions - preferred) for all India operations.
- Effective strategy and management of all tax audits.
- Identify and implement tax related strategies and planning initiatives.
- Keep local internal customers, business partners and management informed of relevant tax law changes and related risks as well as opportunities arising there from.
- Monitor consistent application of transfer prices into and out of India.
- Ensure tax items are properly quantified, reported, and disclosed in the financial statements.
- Lead all aspects of tax related refunds and incentives (i.e. filings, profit recognition, cash collection, forecasting, etc.)
- Ensure strong tax related internal controls and lead process improvement efforts.
Direct Reporting to : Head of Finance
Tasks/ Responsibilities :
Tax planning :
- Plans, strategizes and supports the company in ensuring effective planning for both direct and indirect taxes
- Keeps abreast of changes in tax laws and case law developments which may be relevant for planning purposes.
- Proposes to management possible actions and interpretations to improve planning and effectiveness
Tax Compliance :
- Ensures preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns and filings
- Liaises with government authorities and tax consultants to facilitate operations and tax management
- Deals effectively and in accordance with the tax rules
Tax Accounting :
- Ensures correct accounting and reporting of charges, assets and liabilities in the financial statements
- Coaches and develops staff and identifies training needs
- Motivates the team for achieving department and units objectives
- Regularly evaluates training effectiveness of staff members
- Talent management of all subordinates
- Effectively prioritizes work streams and related resources
Education: CA with 4-6 years- experience, mix of BIG4 & Ecommerce, Manufacturing experience a plus
Key Challenges of the job:
- Multiple interfaces across all locations and functions
- Dealing with government agencies
- Satisfaction of all stakeholders
- Keeping technical knowledge current in a dynamic environment