Linedata - Analyst/Senior Analyst - Valuation (1-7 yrs)
THE ROLE :
- You will join a team of analysts working closely with senior investment professionals of a global asset manager. You will be responsible for providing valuation and monitoring services for the portfolio investments of the Client.
- The role involves initiating/maintaining financial models, preparing valuation memos across sectors, reviewing the work of team members, and training junior analysts.
- You are also expected to proactively engage with different stakeholders to ensure well informed and timely investment decision making by the Client. You are required to take complete ownership of the deliverables and demonstrate high-quality standards with utmost integrity.
- Performing General Partners valuation on a range of investments across various industries
- Preparing and updating valuation models, detailed memos, and presentations
- Independently gathering data pertinent to the investments/models
- Addressing client queries in a clear and concise manner
- Prioritizing and executing multiple assignments, including ad-hoc projects, within tight deadlines
- Training junior analysts and reviewing their work
- Adhering to high-quality standards and industry best practices
Skills Required :
- Sound experience in valuation and financial modelling (discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction)
- Exposure to US/European primary and secondary markets
- Strong excel modelling and analytical skills
- Knowledge of third-party databases such as Bloomberg, CapIQ, Thomson Reuters, etc.
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to independently execute assignments under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with a professional demeanour
- Experience of training junior analysts
Advantageous Skills :
- Hands-on experience on VBA macros
- Sector knowledge - Real Estate, Shipping, Aircraft, and Oil & Gas
Academic Requirements :
- MBA or equivalent qualification in finance from a reputed institution / CFA