Talent Acquisition at Delightful Gourmet Private Ltd
Views:3652 Applications:1060 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:248
Licious - Category Manager - Packaged Food Division/FMCG - IIM/FMS/MDI/XLRI (3-7 yrs)
Category Manager (Packaged Food Division)
This position is responsible to conceptualize and execute plans in order to deliver the short term and long term business objectives (namely Sales, Profitability, Market Share and Brand health) for Ready-To-Eat Category (RTE)
The incumbent is required to perform a range of activities, namely, leading product development and design, launching new products, developing packaging solution, leading market research, promotion planning, influencing pricing strategies, driving and monitoring sales performance for the Ready-to-Eat Category (RTE).
Primary responsibility for achieving business objectives
- Monitor, analyse, and evaluate market trends, consumer / customer behaviour, and competitor activity to identify new opportunities for the brand in RTE category.
- Monitor, analyse, and evaluate brand/product performance and customer and consumer feedback to ensure that the marketing mix is aligned to meet changing customer / consumer needs. Liaise with other areas of the organisation (R&D, Manufacturing, Quality) to implement these changes
- Understand market research needs for the brand/category and develop / execute a market research road map. Ensure market research done is utilized meaningfully to achieve business objectives
- Develop and ensure the execution of brand plans (includes communication development) to deliver the short term and long-term business objectives (namely sales, market share, profitability and brand health) for the RTE category.
- Monitor and influence demand forecasting; monitor sales and other brand metrics and adapt plans as required
- Effectively manage external interfaces (creative agencies, media agencies and market research agencies) and internal interfaces (R&D, Manufacturing, SCM, Sales, Engineering & Digital Marketing), and lead cross functional teams to deliver on Category/Brand objectives.
- Monitor and ensure Brand/Category profitability.
- Ensure that the budgets assigned to the category are effectively utilized and appropriately accounted for
- Support Business Head Gourmet in creating annual strategy and developing annual sales, profitability and expenditure budgets for RTE Category.
- Support / contribute to functional and organizational projects when required
Critical success factors:
- Thorough understanding of consumers and customers, in-depth knowledge of product, packaging, manufacturing and product costs, financial acumen.
- Good understanding of brand management.
- Executional rigour, delivering through extended teams, appreciation of relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Strong analytical / conceptual skills, inter-personal skills, networking skills, influencing skills, communication skills, creativity
Qualifications & Experience: Masters in Business Administration in Marketing (preferably from premier institutes) . Min 6 Yrs of experience.
- 1-2 years of sales experience in consumer business is desirable.
Reporting Structure: Reporting into the Business Head, Packaged Food Division