Lenovo - Data Scientist (4-8 yrs)
4P Data Scientist
About Lenovo :
Lenovo is a US $50 billion global Fortune 500 company where we rank #212. We are a leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technologies. Globally, our product lines include a full range of commercial and consumer PCs, servers and workstations, and a family of mobile internet devices including tablets and smart phones. We design and build our products to bring progress to the world. Serving customers in more than 160 countries, we take our inspiration from the drive and imagination of the people who make things happen; our technology helps those who do, do better.
At Lenovo we employ more than 60,000 people worldwide and our people share a common aspiration to be the very best. Whether serving our customers, working as a team or contributing to the community, we are working to build a unique company. A company that delivers unparalleled products created and supported by people with a wealth of different cultures and experiences. Our strength lies in this diversity. We are dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages entrepreneurism and ownership. A workplace where people's talents can be challenged, and their efforts recognized and rewarded. We employ fantastic people.come join the fun!
Lenovo Intelligent Devices Group (IDG) Vision - Our vision is to bring smarter technology for all by providing our customers with the widest portfolio of products, solutions, software and services - making Intelligent Transformation an everyday reality. We are constantly evolving to improve the user and customer experience and personalize technology to equip our customer base with the tools to overcome challenges.
Require Data Scientist for driving key 4P strategic initiatives like Lead Time optimization, Parts Reservation Tracking & Optimization to drive demand shaping and Pricing analytics supporting dynamic pricing
This position is responsible for identifying and designing customized predictive / advanced statistical models enabling product merchandise optimization, effective pricing & promotion strategy development and supporting online operations efficiently for Lenovo's cutting edge eCommerce Analytics Department. To succeed in this position, working in a SCRUM environment, helping with analysis, development and deployment of multiple projects is a must.
- Research, conceptualize, develop and drive initiatives around Big Data, machine learning, data analytics and visualization.
- Masters Degree in any quantitative disciplines such as Engineering / Statistics / Applied Mathematics / Economics / Computer Science from a top tier University required.
- Good knowledge of eCommerce, product & pricing analytics, Digital Analytics and PC industries.
- Develop tools that support eCommerce and analytics division focusing on product planning & forecasting, product recommendations, optimum pricing, inventory optimization and customer preference modeling.
- Ability to quickly analyze problems and bottlenecks to come to logical and optimal solutions.
- 4 to 6 years of data science, analytics experience designing tools for quantitative modeling and analysis, including optimization and simulation.
- Hands on experience in building & implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms.
- Use your judgement to craft analytics solutions to complex business problems, prototype and demonstrate value generation from data science initiatives.
- Help develop a Data Science/ML/Analytics acumen within the larger eCommerce business teams, training them towards full adoption by connecting the dots between statistical and business concepts.
- Narrate compelling stories and present the insights / findings developed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills - Must be highly versed in analytic methodologies.
- Should be comfortable in undertaking and delivering projects covering Exploratory Data Analysis (40%), Analytics Automation (30%), Statistical Analyses & Modelling (30%).
- Strong experience in advanced statistical / data mining tools like R, Python, SQL, MS Excel, SPSS, MS PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in Digital / Web Analytics and platforms like Adobe Analytics / SiteCatalyst or similar technologies.
- Knowledge of business intelligence report design and development within Tableau, PowerBI, QlikSense or other similar technologies.
- Must have a track record of aligning activities with business strategies and measuring impact on business results.
- Real-Time Analytics: real-time scoring and offer generation models, assessing customer preference over time for product portfolio optimization.
- Optimization: Price sensitivity and promotion optimization models, operation research techniques.
- Proficiency in machine learning techniques and ensemble modeling.
- Knowledge of forecasting techniques using ARIMA, ANOVA, Regression, Winterholt, Time Series, Logistic, Exponential.
- Good to have knowledge of Deep Learning and Neural Network techniques.
- Product mix modeling using MDS (Multidimensional Scaling), Factor Analysis and Clustering.
- Cross-sell & Up-sell modeling: Product affinity model, propensity to respond, predicted sales value, predicted next purchase.
Models to optimize effectiveness of customer contacts and strategies as well as and service channel preference.