Talent Partner at Human Context
Views:2223 Applications:23 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Legal Role - Patent - IT (4-7 yrs)
Company Profile :
- It develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world, produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease and potential new therapies or drugs.
- More than 275,000 systems operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in peoples- lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and reducing the cost of care.
PATENT PARALEGAL II - PATENT
- The Paralegal will be an integral part of the Company's in-house legal department. The Paralegal will support the members of the department's professional staff worldwide with paralegal projects in the area of patent administration and other special projects as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Organize, record and maintain electronic patent files
- Manage docketing service that enters data in patent data base system Communicate with outside counsel on IP related matters in different Geos and maintain records
- Prepare formal documents in support of patent application filings
- Search and retrieve patent documents from different patent databases and/or publication databases
- Prepare patent status summary reports
- Assist in creating annuity reports and timely filing of annuities in consultation with the respective Attorney
- Assist in opposition, interference, infringement and related proceedings including maintaining documents and information related to oppositions
- Maintain library of forms and resources
- Develop written procedures, work flow plans or other systems for practice areas as required
- Apply innovative problem solving skills and judgment to assist in managing any risks
- Identify best practices to influence continuous improvement in the organization
- A Graduate Degree from an accredited college or university, and five or more years of experience as a paralegal which should preferably be in-house for a corporation and should be willing to relocate to Bangalore.
- Familiar with well know patent systems such as US, EP, IN, CN etc.
- Ability to effectively navigate through different patent office websites and obtain relevant information
- Familiar with docket management software.
- Ability to apply analytical skills to interpret data and use independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to address a variety of issues regarding patent filings and related problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of new business activities or issues
- Ability to adjust to changing job requirements and priorities in order to meet dynamic needs and workflow
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and meet tight deadlines
- Must demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills and professionalism
- Strong presentation and written and verbal communication skills; strong project management skills
- Any Paralegal certification would be an added advantage.
Language Ability :
- Fluency in English is a must
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge to read/write and understand a second language (Chinese, German, Japanese) would be an added advantage.
Computer Skills :
- MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and the Internet. Candidates should possess a strong computer software background and be comfortable gaining proficiency quickly as the department utilizes various third-party software applications.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.