Legal Role - Corporate Law - BFSI - CS (3-6 yrs)
Legal Role - Corporate Law - BFSI - CS (UK/EMEA)
The Company Secretary function (SCY) serves as principal advisor to boards of directors on corporate governance matters, and leads and implements corporate governance best practice throughout the Group.
With specific respect to corporate governance, the SCY function manages the Group's legal entities and governs the practice of meetings, including advice and guidance on the role of boards and committees.
The role holder will assist the onshore SCY team(s) to ensure that the entities, their Committees and other relevant governance fora, their Directors, Members and Officers comply with all relevant statutory and regulatory obligations.
The role holder[s] will have the following broad responsibilities:-
- Support the provision of company secretarial services to Group companies
- Actively contribute to the promotion of corporate governance best practice and standards corporate Assist the SCY onshore team(s) in supporting the boards of directors of Group companies and governance frameworks
- Provide support for board and committee meetings including scheduling meetings, developing annual planners, preparation of meeting packs, drafting minutes and managing any actions arising
- Assist the SCY onshore team in the maintenance of statutory registers and the drafting and submission of statutory filings
- Support arrangements for Annual General Meeting(s)
- Draft statutory and/or regulatory documentation relating to corporate entity changes
- Support the SCY onshore team(s) in fulfilling statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Assist the SCY onshore team in the maintenance of issued share capital including issuance arising from employee share plans and SCRIP dividend planning, drafting of dividend timetable, calculation of dividend price & eventual payments
- Manage the schedule of director share interests
- Prepare regulatory and stock exchange announcements and filings
- Manage and respond to shareholder requests
- Assist with the onboarding of non-executive directors and other relevant individuals to the organization
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Company Secretarial or Legal qualification and relevant experience is essential
- Post qualification experience of 3 to 6 years
- Understanding of the theory and tools of governance
- Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, complex matrix environment, and multiple stakeholders
- Good commercial and financial management ability
- Strong stake holder management skills
- Experience of working in a role with a proven record of senior stakeholder navigation and influencing skills
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.