Global Talent Search Partner at XL Recruiters
Views:434 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Legal Manager - Insurance Broking Firm (3-8 yrs)
We are hiring for Legal Manager for an MNC Insurance Broking client based in Mumbai. Role details are given below:
- Contract management:
a. Review business agreements like Non-Disclosure Agreement, Terms of Business agreements, Service Agreements, Vendor Agreements & other Legal Contracts;
b. Ensure that all the template agreements, documents and legal contracts used within India are pre-approved by Legal, and guide colleagues with usage, procedures and appropriate forms;
c. Form depository of templates in English Form and create depository of all signed/ executed legal contracts by establishing a contract register, highlighting terms of agreement, expiry date, service fee quantum and other key items;
- May also be responsible for providing advice to business areas on compliance and regulatory related matters
- Handling other matters like Employment / HR, Compensation & Benefits, Corp Governance/Corp Sec'y, Intellectual Property, M&A or other specialized legal matters and projects as may be assigned from time to time by Head of Legal, Compliance & Public Affairs for Indian Sub-Continent;
- Interacts with outside legal counsel for the Company as well as outside counsel for adverse parties and governmental agencies.
- Handling litigation matters, E&O threatened or likely incidents in India, conceive appropriate legal strategies with respect to legal cases after assessment of case history;
- Evaluate proposals, action plans and other situations that may have legal impact & determine pertinent course of action as required.
- Liaise with Regional Legal to identify Indian legal requirements requiring treatment in terms of, legal policies or procedures.
- 3 to 5 years legal experience obtained at a law firm or an in-house corporate legal department
- Experience working in an MNC in India
- Knowledge of general corporate law and insurance law.
- Insurance /Financial services sector would be preferred.