Views:3221 Applications:201 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
Legal Head - FMCG - LLB (15-20 yrs)
Job Title : Legal Head
Reports to : SVP Legal
Location : Gurgaon - India
No of Direct Reports : 2
No of Indirect Reports : 2
SCOPE / DIMENSIONS OF ROLE : The role is a part of the Leadership team for the South of Asia region and will be responsible for all the Legal matters.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- IPR - Filing of applications of registration of TM, renewal, and filing of opposition.
- Handle a wide range of legal mandates including end-to-end documentation, negotiations, execution, pre and post-execution support, legal opinions, transactional advice, and research.
- Formulating legal strategy with respect to a wide range of issues including contractual disputes, writs, arbitration, employment etc.
- Drafting pleadings for Court, Tribunals, Arbitration, legal notices, responses to legal notices from statutory authorities or otherwise.
- Managing Regulatory Compliance, Compliance of Law regarding Label declaration, appearing in Courts etc.
- Skilled in business laws and legal procedure gained through professional experience in addition to drafting and vetting -various types of agreements.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE :
- Qualified lawyer (LLB from a reputed University) with an experience of ~15 years.
- Experience of drafting commercial contracts in private practice at a prominent law firm, or as an in-house lawyer at a leading international business.
- FMCG /FMCD background preferred.
- IP, Marketing and Advertising Law experience will be relevant to the profile.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Candidates should be open to relocating internationally for career development and challenge
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English is essential - any additional languages would be an advantage
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with highly demanding internal clients and other stakeholders
- Robust, confident, able to work autonomously and business orientated
- Ability to manage complex legal issues with a high degree of integrity, commerciality, and pragmatism.