Founder at Serving Skill
Views:1599 Applications:318 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Legal Counsel - Insurance (4-8 yrs)
To manage the end to end contract management process and assist the team in litigation, criminal complaints, draft responses to legal notices.
Key Responsibilities -
- To Draft, vet, review, negotiate and execute of various agreements
- To vet and draft legal communications for other departments like Risk, Human Resources and Operations for their functional requirements
- To develop efficient data management system for the contracts, keeping the relevant contracts documentation such as process manual updated
- To provide support in getting the Contract management tool operational and ensure implementation of the said tool
- To manage responses to legal notices, communications from enforcement agencies.
- To advise on the litigation risks of possible business decisions, providing preventive counselling with respect to the legal risks associated with business practices
- To contribute towards the improvement & development of departmental operational efficiency and all processes by active involvement in sharing best practices and experiences amongst the colleagues
- To develop standard templates for various types of contracts, review of changes to standard engagement letter templates.
- To liaise with panel of advocates for litigation and legal matters
- To manage all litigation cases of the company including drafting of responses, collating evidence, representing the company in front of quasi-judicial and judicial bodies, Ombudsman, consumer forums and labor Authorities
Specific Authorities (Financial & Non Financial)
- Joint authorization to approve on behalf of the Company online banking transactions as per the Financial Delegation Matrix
- Joint signatory to sign cheques on behalf of the Company as per the Financial Delegation Matrix