Manager at Naukri.com
Views:128 Applications:44 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Legal Counsel - Engineering Contracts - LLB (5-12 yrs)
We are looking for Legal Counsel for one of our client based in Mumbai.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India (Hybrid)
The ideal candidate will be responsible for in-house legal matters including drafting agreements, addressing compliance issues, and participating in negotiation discussions. In order to succeed, this candidate should feel comfortable working with in-house and outside counsels on a variety of legal matters.
We are looking for someone with atleast min 5 years of experience in engineering contracts for the Middle East role. This role is based in Mumbai, India and it will be a hybrid & permanent role.
- To provide legal services and support to the group companies to ensure that their legal needs, obligations and rights are protected and serviced. Middle East experience is preferred.
KEY Accountabilities of Position:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating client contracts, joint venture/teaming arrangements/alliances and corporate structures to minimize external spend and facilitate company's ability to gain work
- Drafting and negotiating Confidentiality Undertakings and Parent Company and Bank Guarantees to minimize external spend and protect company's interests / risk minimization
- Advising on a broad range of legal and commercial issues to minimize external spend and protect company's interests / risk minimization
- Understands how the business delivers value to shareholders, what drives profitability and what increases growth.
- Able to make difficult decisions and lead and manage others in changing business conditions.
- Understands company's Vision and purpose, translates it into team goals and objectives, and gains team commitment to achieving those goals and objectives.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Negotiates successful outcomes that achieve the required objectives and have the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Pro-active, goal oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer focus and able to consistently meet company's and its client's needs.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment and assists others with adapting to change.
- A person of integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honours their commitments.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, including the ability to convey information and ideas to individuals and groups.
- Able to make presentations and provide training when required.
- Demonstrates initiative and a willingness to learn and continuously improve on performance.
- Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-disciplinary teams and share and transfer knowledge within teams.
- Qualified legal practitioner with broad exposure to corporate and commercial matters. Experience in the same or similar industry is preferred. Middle East experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 and maximum of 9 years' post article experience, could be a combination of private practice and in-house corporate law experience, which must include commercial and contract law. Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering contracts for the Middle East role.
- LLB Degree. Admitted as a Solicitor/Attorney