Hiring Lead at Right Track Corporate Service
Views:2613 Applications:101 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:99
Legal Counsel - Compliance - LLB (3-5 yrs)
Salary Offered : 9-10 LPA
Legal Counsel: Compliance
The position will be responsible for ensuring adherence of Company's operations and new business initiatives to applicable laws, rules, regulations and internal policies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and ongoing development of the Compliance function. From advisory, to documentation, to local advocacy and networking, to identifying and mitigating risk on an ongoing basis.
- Promote compliance, application of internal operating controls and adherence to Government policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation and completion of compliance checklists and risk assessment.
- Liaison with government authorities, regulators, consultants, attorneys, when required.
- Stay up-to-date on developments and trends in the industry, track upcoming laws and regulations related to the business, analyze and provide reports and summaries to the team.
- Provide close support, guidance and oversight to the business teams on topics related to legal metrology, product related compliances, permits, licenses, approvals etc. and monitor corrective action plans relating to regulatory compliance.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations and policies, conducts appropriate investigations to assess and resolve any non-compliance.
- Collaborates with external counsel to review and provide practical guidance on compliance issues including avenues for resolution.
Skills and Qualifications:
- L.L.B Degree from a recognized university in India.
- In-house counsel with 3-5 years- experience working in consumer-products, manufacturing, FMCG, ecommerce or retail business is preferred.
- Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a wide range of laws like general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, legal metrology, data privacy, advertising law and other laws specific to the technology industry.
- Strong verbal and analytical skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, cross-cultural skills and highly team-oriented.
- Strong project management skills to implement and ensure execution of compliance initiatives.
- Strategic legal thinking and capable of arriving at practical legal solutions.
Location: Bangalore, India