Independent Consultant at Independent Consultant
Views:548 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Legal & Compliance Officer - LLB/LLM (4-9 yrs)
Job Role : Legal & Compliance Officer
Reports To : Director Finance
About the Role : To assist Director Finance in providing legal service and advise on corporate matters.
Key Performance Areas :
- Advising on all legal issues and procedures affecting the company's business.
- Draft and negotiate contracts and related documents in relation to the major projects undertaken by the company.
- Draft and negotiate joint venture and consortium agreements with partners and vendor agreements for subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Review and negotiate performance bonds and guarantees and other forms of security.
- Advise on claims and the conduct thereof arising in the ordinary course of the company's business including preparation for arbitration or other legal proceedings as appropriate.
- Manage the provision of advice by external counsel, as appropriate, particularly in the context of the variety of jurisdictions in which the company conducts business.
- Identify and ensure all Intellectual Property Rights (e.g. patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets) are protected to avoid infringement.
- Prepare legal correspondences such as draft MOUs, SLAs, agreements, communications and contracts with third parties/authorities to ensure compliance and protect companys interests.
- Translate needed documents from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Respond to queries/emails, and other admin tasks. Ensure the highest level of customer service is demonstrated by ensuring all relevant documents are in place before providing transactional services.
- Ensure regulatory compliances in all jurisdictions that the Group has presence in
- Hold Board Meetings, AGMs etc and prepare the necessary minutes
- Support the Business team in understanding the requirement of setting up business in new Countries.
- Setting up of new Entities in different countries for new projects
Minimum Qualification/Experience Required :
- A Bachelors Degree in Law, Masters Degree in Law is preferred
- A Company Secretary qualification will be preferred
- A minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a legal role with experience in corporate and commercial legal practice within UAE/GCC
Job Specific Skills :
- Excellent English/Arabic language and communication skills, particularly writing skills in both languages
- Knowledge of local laws, rules and regulations in the region
- Problem solving skills, Flexibility to react quickly to changing priorities.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word
- Team player
Job Location : Dubai, UAE