Consultant at CareerNet Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Views:2086 Applications:304 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:59
Leadership Role - Category Management - Grocery (8-19 yrs)
1. The person will head the P&L of the business end-to-end, doing leadership across online/offine retail.
2. Drive - Business growth, strategy, proftability, exclusivity, complete P&L, team development, etc
3. Opportunity to create impact in the industry and in the Organisation and place oneself in line for higher positions in the category or other parts of the org.
4. Work with different teams across the organization to get a 360 degree exposure and influence.
- Develop the business model: Go deep, understand where opportunities are and create a viable business model to service the opportunities
- Know the market: Stay on top of trends in an ever-changing landscape, find opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
- Know the customer: Understand connected customer behavior, develop new customer insights
- Know the competition: Understand on-line and of-line players. React as and when necessary in an appropriate manner
- Infuence the leadership: Convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leadership and drive the changes required.
Vendor Network Management and Operations
- Lead a vendor-relations team to identify strategic partners, negotiate better terms of trade and deals for our customers
- Create a comprehensive Vendor management strategy and governance framework
- Put in processes & metrics to scale the business
- Use technology to scale operations and expand selection
- Work with Supply Chain teams to ensure product availability
- Think big - unlock value for consumers, Organisation and vendor partners
Merchandising and Sales Strategy
- Own pricing strategy based on market potential, consumer insights, margins, competitive signals, etc. Drive necessary promotions
- Create a sustainable business model in the category for ongoing business
- Identify the growth areas and new business scope within the existing category
- Expand selection, enable its discovery and ensure conversion
- Build, retain and groom a strong team to deliver across functions
- Set goals, defne KPIs and ensure team tracks effectively towards goals
- Educational background - MBA from top institute
- Knowledge of Internet, Retail, consumer goods industry is a plus
- Desire and ability to think like the customer
- Ability to translate strategies into execution plans and take them to completion
- Highly analytical
- Willing to take calculated risks to grow the category
- Excellent verbal and written communication with interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of technology and business
- Must be willing to learn
- Ability to connect with people across teams & levels
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.