Leader - Operations - Transportation Firm (9-15 yrs)
Industry - Courier / Transportation / Freight
Category - Operations
Skills - operations, logistics, last mile delivery, first mile delivery, transportation, distribution, strategic operations
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description :
- Leadership role to lead overall operations in a Series C funded organization.
- Part of the strategic team, designing operational strategies for the largest vertical of the business.
Client Details :
Addressing key challenges faced by the Indian transportation industry around high demand variability and high fixed setup costs, the company is an asset light transportation network started in the year 2015.
You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the business.
- Formulate business and operations strategy with others in the executive team and design policies that align with overall strategy
- Implement efficient processes and standards
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws (e.g. data protection)
- Manage contracts and relations with customers, vendors, partners and other stakeholders
- Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
- Oversee expenses and budgeting to help the organization optimize costs and benefits
- Mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement
- Report on operational performance and suggest improvements
Key Deliverables/ Outcomes:
- Strong stakeholder management skills across Operations, Business Finance, Human Resources etc.
- Strategic and long term thinking with analytical mind set.
- High degree of Business knowledge.
- Extraordinary Change Management skills: Processes, Policies, Training & Systems
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for Impact based Action: company works at a very rapid pace & that is what would be expected.
The client is looking for someone with at least 10 years' experience along with an Engineering degree and an MBA (preferred). Previous experience of having handled PAN India operations in either the e-commerce or logistics industry.
The role involves managing a significantly large staff span and hence strong people management and cross functional leadership experience is a must.
Opportunity to be a part of a meritocratic environment with strong level of independence to drive the company forward besides working with the board on key strategic initiatives.
Page Group India is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Contact - Nishita Shah - +91 (0) 22 4236 3358
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.