Lead - Technical Operations - eCommerce (8-15 yrs)
The eCommerce Operations Lead will be responsible for the technical operations of the eCommerce sites in North America, and hosting operations for Europe eCommerce sites.
Ecommerce Operation Lead will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations on the ecommerce application viz. application deployment, configuration changes, application troubleshooting, etc.
The Ecommerce team develops systems that must meet all the performance and security expectations of demanding external customers and also reliably interface with internal and external systems. This operations manager role ensures smooth transition of the fast paced enhancements/changes into the production application. Key focus areas include:
- Application maintenance to keep the Ecommerce platform in-synch with the upgraded fixpacks and feature packs, in-deployment and post-deployment support in-line with the agile/DevOps processes.
- Application support provides responding to alerts/monitors and leading troubleshooting calls with partners/vendors, understanding Root Cause Analysis and planning remediation for application flaws.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Primary focus will be on site uptime.
- Design & engineer the application infrastructure to be reliable, efficient, and maintainable.
- Manage hosting provider.
- Manage the eCommerce efforts around security and PCI compliance.
- Implement application performance monitoring to ensure site uptime and performance.
- Define and measure key operational metrics including site performance, incidents, and recurring issues.
- Ensure quick and timely resolution of incidents.
- Ensure problem resolution of repeat incidents.
- Ensure continuous improvement is embedded into daily operations and derive metrics (like time taken, manual versus automated, error rate etc.) to show case continuous improvement in background process, configuration changes, deployments etc.
- Manage the production releases, approving the application developers release notes & coordinating deployments to stage & production.
- Work with the Ecommerce team, IT and external partners on operation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the ecommerce applications
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage vendor and resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform ongoing application performance tuning, review performance bottlenecks and propose innovative solutions
- Perform daily system monitoring, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Verify and validate the correctness of software developed and maintain technical
- Lead deployment plan reviews, engineering code reviews, application architecture reviews etc.
- Hands-on analysis of logs and problem identification/troubleshooting
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years eCommerce technical operations experience.
- Experience with high-volume, public facing, transactional web applications with high levels of availability with resilient application architecture, scalable infrastructure, technical operations automation, and 360 degrees of application performance monitoring.
- Experience with ITIL standards.
- Experience with root-cause analysis and troubleshooting infrastructure issues.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, thoroughness and quality towards assigned tasks/goals.
Bachelor's Degree in programming/systems or computer science, specialized training, or equivalent work experience required.
- Application Performance Monitoring tools such as AppDynamics,Gomez, Dynatrace
- Continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins.
- Source code control systems such as SVN.
- Mastery of at least one scripting language including Python, PERL, Ruby, Shell.
- Unix/Linux power user.
- ITIL and PCI standards.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: internal applications teams like marketing technologies, GSC DOM, Island Pacific, SAP and Infrastructure; teams reporting under SVP infrastructure like Network Team, Service Desk, Operations etc. Information Security SVP and team underneath. Global collaboration with EU Technical and/or EU CK and Tommy ecommerce brand stakeholders.
External: outsourced systems integration consultants
Direct: N/A (for now). In future could have direct reports from the global delivery center.
Indirect: external systems integrators & consultants
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.