Lead School - Director - Information Technology (8-10 yrs)
Education in India is in a deep problem. Over 70% of graduates are found unemployable due to lack of conceptual understanding, communication skills and critical thinking. Multiple studies have found that affordable private school and government school students fair far below students of high fee private schools in terms of learning outcomes. To empower India and fulfill the aspirations of low income parents, we need to drive education excellence in govt. and affordable schools.
LEAD School is an education company with a mission to empower India by making excellent education, affordable and accessible to every child. We do this by setting up our own schools & partnering with affordable private schools and govt. schools in small towns, talukas, and villages. We are looking for people who are passionate professionals and find the idea of taking excellent education to these communities inspiring and worth spending time on. An IT Director has a critical role in creating the systems and the technology foundation for rapid scale up of the organization.
- Leads and implements multiple software integration projects across the organization that ensures data security and IP.
- Understand software systems and provides leadership and technical support for the purpose of designing, developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient, unified and fully integrated technology system. Applies architectural and functional specifications to each project.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by functional heads, looks for existing solutions, recommends and implement secure integrated technical solutions.
- Manages project scope and expectations to deliver projects that meet excellent quality standards and on time completion.
- Oversees each project's life cycle from conception to completion, with an emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency. Prioritizes and supervises all aspects of an implementation from start to post live monitoring.
- Develops, maintains and refines implementation process including documentation, staffing and workflows.
- Ensures all resources are informed, monitored and are accountable to ongoing implementations
- Monitors budget allocation, expenditures, fund balances and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded and expenses are within budget limits
- Maintains strong working relationship with all business departments and maintain successful communication with all departments
- Develops training plans for implementation analysts to ensure they are properly equipped provide consultative support and have the technical expertise to contribute to successful implementations.
- 8-10 years experience in IT with 5 years in systems integration
- Significant experience in development life-cycle and successful leadership of complex projects implementation is required
- Excellent project management, business analysis and collaboration skills.
- Ability to foresee possible issues and troubleshoot them proactively
- Masters in IT and Business Administration/PMP
- Contributions to the Education industry desirable
Skills and attributes:
- Possesses honesty, integrity, strong work ethic, and team skills
- Strong problem solving and communication abilities; is organized and efficient
- Excited by and open to new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in high-paced work environment
- Proficient with multiple softwares, systems, solutions and technologies
- Leadership skills to hire, coach and manage a team