Managing Partner/Founder at Workoid Consultants
Views:284 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Lead - Investment Advisory - Wealth Management Firm (2-7 yrs)
Lead - Investment Advisory
We are looking for Lead - Investment Advisory and Product Curation for boutique wealth management firm based at Bengaluru.
Job Location : HSR Layout
Industry : Investment Advisory
Education : Must - CA / A professional qualification or a PG or PGDM (Min 2 years) in Finance, accountancy, business mgt, commerce, economics, capital markets, banking, insurance from a Premier Institute
Experience : at least 5 years in activities relating to advice in financial products or securities or fund or asset or portfolio management
CTC : Standard Industry Hike
Working Culture : 09:00 to 06:30 (Alt Saturday Off, Alt Saturday Half day, Off on Market NSE Holidays)
Present Role can be classified between two closely related tasks of setting up of Investment Advisory division of the firm and parallelly leading the wealth product curation and maintenance.
The key aspects of role are:
1. Leading the Investment Advisory set up for the firm by taking all necessary regulatory approvals and recruiting the related team to set this business.
2. Setting up of Investment and Compliance processes which are prevailing in the industry and ensuring smooth functioning of same in the investment advisory firm
3. Following and improving the wealth (listed and unlisted) product creation, curation and review for the firm. The role involves identifying and onboarding wealth products from existing and new product tie ups, presenting the product features, risk reward and portfolio suitability to the Investment committee, reviewing the existing product portfolio (like conducting regular India based mutual fund ranking , ETF ranking Globally, PMS ranking, quarterly updating AIF's and Start-up Investments in portfolio by speaking with them and taking updates and more)
4. The role will involve regular trip and interaction with Global fund managers and analysis of existing global funds
5. Responsible for maintaining and upgrading (if needed) various investment analysis software's like Bloomberg, Morning star.
6. Taking lead and doing quarterly portfolio reviews across client portfolios in coordination with CIO and Relationship team
7. Basis the need identified in the reviews identifying matching Investment products on regular basis
8. Adding and maintaining firms' relationship across various product partners by ensuring regular meetings and reviews.
Candidate Skills and Qualification:
- Good to have clearance of NISM-Series-X-A: Investment Adviser (Level 1) & NISM-Series-XB: Investment Adviser (Level 2)
- Networking Skills - Connected in the Indian wealth Industry and is keen to keep regular updates on industry on dynamic basis
Analytical Skills - Capability to comprehend and present business ideas and proposals in explainable excel models, ability to understand the nuances of existing proprietary product analysis tools and parameters and use it to get desirable review outputs on products.
Leadership Skills- Ability to recruit and motivate existing team buy providing conducive learning environment
High learnability and self-driven has a lean team and at this role the person has to involve in high learnability of ever changing industry scenario and be self-driver.
Career Path - Joining as lead for Investment advisory the role can enhance into a global wealth setup and product lead post completion of 2 years as company is excepted to get the existing non liquid NW of client to be converted in Liquid NW to tune of USD 500 million outside India. If candidate has inclination to move outside then this role can lead to leading global wealth advisory setup .