Vice President - Human Capital at Matrix Partners India
Views:1634 Applications:761 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:162
Lead - Human Resources - Portfolio Firm (5-10 yrs)
Matrix is excited to partner with one of our Series A staged company in the B2B space to hire a Human Resource professional to set up and lead the HR function along with the founders.
About The company:
This leading portfolio of ours was founded in the year 2015 with an entrepreneurial vision to bring a digital change in the b2b landscape of India. Now, with a team of 200+ people, thecompany is working towards transforming and digitizing the way manufacturing works in the unorganized Industries like Footwear, Apparel etc.
Currently with 400+ Manufacturers serving a Network of 60,000 Retailers across India, digitally.
Reports to: Founders
Roles and Responsibility
1. Developing startups plans for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health and safety etc.
2. Acting to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development etc.
3. Overseeing all HR initiatives, policies, systems and tactics.
4. Providing Sound Advice to Senior Management on supporting strategic objectives.
5. Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
6. Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required.
7. Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
8. Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR metrics.
9. Hiring staff and negotiating employment agreements.
Build a Team:
1. Recruit: Build a pool of HR Talent, i.e. Recruiters/Generalist/Tech Recruiter and allocate them in the right function and teams within the HR Team.
2. Onboarding and Orientation: Define and execute a process of new joiners and make them familiar with the culture, systems and processes of HR Ops.
3. Performance Management: Setting up tools and frameworks to train where required. Inspire and coach them to keep them motivated and productive at all times. Conduct performance reviews and feedback sessions with each team member at least twice a year and help in career progression.
Nurturing the Culture:
1. Continuously seeding and nurturing the "Purpose Driven" culture of the company.
2. Thrives for the superior quality of communication of Value within the Organization at all levels.
3. Have an all-time ready pool for the best-qualified people to collaborate with while building the team.
4. Ensure everyone has the right tools to operate efficiently within the company.
5. Establish sound policies and the groundwork for equitable treatment for every employees.
- Experience - Minimum5+ years of experience with an early-stage startup with a business acumen partnered with attention to the human element adds a great value to this role.
- Preferred Domain exposure: Any experience in working in VC backed start-ups, internet/tech companies, retail companies.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full understanding of the way a startup or an Organization in Building operates to meet its objectives.
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards'
- Should have exposure to handling not multiple facets in the HR functions
Chemistry with founders
Being one of the topmost positions in the organization, in the end, you should have a great chemistry with founders. Have discussions and discourses on overall business vision and strategy over monthly lunch meetups. Work closely with founders to understand the existing limitations, drawbacks and formulate strategies to build and improve the overall efficiency of the startup.
- Work with the Founding team to create one of the greatest companies in times to come.
- Opportunity to create an impact
- Massive learning at scale/execution at scale
- Non-hierarchical, a flat and transparent culture where we have fun at the same time
- Pay at par with market salaries