Lead - Financial Planning & Analysis - Global Research Firm (5-7 yrs)
Objectives of Role
The Financial Planning and Analysis Lead is a newly created role that will expand our ability to support our organization with Budgeting, Forecasting, value-added analysis and insightful financial reporting.
This position will work with the CFO based in North America, the Finance Director, based in Africa, and other finance colleagues in New Delhi and Africa.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
1. Budgeting & Forecasting
- Support the annual budget and forecasting processes. This may include creating budget tools, coordinating budget processes, and supporting leadership in creating their budget. It may also include coordinating the project pipeline and staffing forecasts, and cash forecasting
- Support leaders with tools, analysis and guidance in areas such as project budgets, contract negotiations, billing rate analysis and donor proposals
- Support senior leaders with monthly analysis and preparation of their forecast and/or budget
2. Reporting & Analysis
- Create, prepare, and maintain insightful financial reporting which may include: budget monitoring reports, monthly & quarterly management reports, and dashboards
- Prepare presentations for Senior leadership, Finance Committee and the Board of Directors
- Create additional value-added financial reporting, tracking and presentations to support IDinsight
- Prepare routine reporting on contribution revenue, restrictions and receivables.
- Support Accounting team in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, and reconcile to management reporting and dashboards
- Act as backup for other finance functions
- Support other global financial and related tasks as and when required
- Degree in a relevant discipline, such as Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce or another relevant area.
- A minimum combination of either 1) Advanced Degree or Professional qualification plus at least
- 5 years experience, or 2) Bachelors degree in related discipline and at least 7 years experience. More extensive experience is preferred.
- Professional, full-time work experience in budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Experience is project reporting and/or accounting is desirable
- Accounting experience and/or designation desirable
- Directly related work experience desirable, including non-profit, international development, and/or other consulting/research organizations.
Skills and attributes:
- Possesses honesty, integrity, strong work ethic, and team player mindset
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Interest in / Passion for our mission
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills required
- Ability to work with limited supervision and with colleagues in other parts of the world.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in high-paced work environment
- Willingness and interest to learn new skills, to take on a variety of tasks and responsibilities, and adapt to new tasks on short notice