Views:1014 Applications:68 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Lead - Business Analyst - Insurance Broking Firm (8-10 yrs)
Job Title: Lead Business Analyst
Reports to : Delivery Manager / Senior Manager
Span of Control : Not Sure
Role Requirements :
- Requirements Management: Carry out customer business requirement analysis using Requirement Workshops, Conference Room Pilots. Conceptualize the solution using our product offering to meet the requirements of the customer. Ensure Gap Management, Scope creep with timely communication. Come up with different business scenarios to better understand and clarify requirements. Perform peers review of other projects and contribute to missed requirements. Understand the business process and define the business requirements in the form of use cases / user stories/process models. Prepare high quality documentation
- Project Delivery: Responsible towards end to end project delivery from Requirements perspective. Evaluate and highlight requirements risks / solution risks. Carry out reviews as per defined procedure and take actions wherever necessary. Maintain high standards of Requirements quality for ease and accuracy of development and testing, thus supporting timely deliveries.
- Stakeholder Management and relationship building: Liaise with stakeholders across regions and develop a good rapport with them. Ensure open communication and appropriate information sharing. Develop very high end professional relationships with the client.
- Knowledge Management: Research the Market and come up with enhanced offerings to strengthen the product. Author case studies / articles for knowledge sharing. Apply best practices towards Business Analysis / Product management for better offerings. Create an environment for continuous learning by providing a business overview to team and motivate to keep knowledge updated
- Communication and Presentation: Effectively communicate with stakeholders, prepare the presentation, keep them abreast of progress and potential roadblocks, and present well-organized information (amount/relevance) to right people at the right time.
- Solutioning and Testing: Prepare detailed user stories/process flows for translation and simplification of requirements. Prepare, Validate and Execute Test scripts. Ensure end to end coordination, completion, and monitoring for various UAT cycles. Drive participation in Innovation activities within a team.
Technical Skills :
- Knowledge of insurance/broking industry (Essential)
- Business Analysis (Essential)
- Requirement Mgmt. / Analysis (Essential)
- Business Process Improvement (Essential)
- SDLC (Desirable)
- CBAP & LOMA certifications (Preferred)
- Requirements documentation (Essential)
- Visio / Enterprise Architect / process modelling tools (Essential)
General Skills :
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent Problem Solving, Analysis and Innovative skills for business process Improvements and creative solutions
- Ability to multi-task and liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build professional relationships
- Confident, Responsible, Ownership and High Initiative Driven
- Ability to interact with the senior management of the customer
- Work Independently with minimal monitoring from Managers
- Strong sense of drive and commitment to deliver on responsibilities.
- Works well in a dynamic environment with Adaptability to change
- Knowledge of processes & best practices within the team & industry
- Planning and decision-making skills
Preferred Candidate Profile :
Prior Experience :
- 8-10 years of experience in IT services companies / Insurance company / Insurance Broker in Business analysis projects for insurance/Broking clients
- Should have held end to end ownership of requirements for multiple projects
- Contributor at a senior level or should have lead a team of BAs.
Education/ Qualification : BE/BTech./MBA