Recruiter at Nextleap Advisory
Views:154 Applications:38 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:3
Large Deal Manager - IT (15-19 yrs)
Large Deals Owner
What's the Role?
- An integral part of one of the most critical growth engines for a top IT Firm.
- Leader, enabler, owner of winning sales pursuits
- Own end-to-end solution for $50Million - $500 Million TCV sized deals.
Essential Functions of the Job :
1. Rigorously qualify strategic pursuit opportunities (TCV > 50Mn, 5 Years) identified by our CME teams.
2. Lead the process of determining whether a "win-win" business case is possible, and creatively work to develop & shape it.
3. Maintain objectivity in assessing what types of deals the firm should be doing and what risks are & are not appropriate.
4. Collaborate across our business to lift win ratios and ensure we're taking the best of of our company to our clients.
5. Creatively mitigate risks through commercials, solution, and contract portions.
6. Position the company to be able to win deliverable and desirable deals with our clients that enhance brand, relationship, and capabilities.
7. Own & drive pursuit strategy development, including navigating the clients power map, developing appropriate win themes, and tailoring the solution and business case to meet the client's immediate and more macro-priorities.
8. Contribute to the company's best-practices development and the skills development of pursuit team members.
9. Build, monitor and orchestrate pursuit pipelines to ensure continuous population of near and long-term opportunities; manage the size, shape, and quality of pipeline through the qualification process.
10. Use competitive intelligence to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
1. Ensure adoption of COE best-practice pursuit management tools and processes.
2. Solution-oriented and makes sound decisions quickly, given tight timeframes.
3. Demonstrate versatility in a constantly evolving environment with a wide variety of social styles.
4. Influence / challenge the Account / Pursuit Team (sales, solution and delivery) to optimize the chances of winning.
1. Provide coaching and feedback to new and less experienced pursuit team members as appropriate.
2. Review deals to ensure they are sound from a financial, legal, business, delivery, and operations perspective. Develop and manage the project schedule and formulate the pursuit timeline and reviews/gates.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
1. Strong understanding of Business Development and Pursuit Management principles.
2. Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
3. Excellent project management skills.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Ability to influence without authority, lead, and coach others.
6. Ability to develop trust in client relationships and create positive outcomes in large services deals.
7. Demonstrated aptitude in all aspects of large deals, including sales strategy, relationship management, costing/pricing, bid management, solution design, risk mitigation and contracting / closing.
8. Versatility and flexibility in a constantly evolving environment.
9. Ability to get up to speed quickly on an opportunity.
10. Manage a wide range of senior stakeholders across a matrix organization.
1. As the job involves responding to clients' needs and varying time zones, long hours are required.
2. Moderate to frequent travel may be required.
1. 5-10 years of Pursuit Management experience within an overall experience of 15-20 years in IT, Network or Managed Services.
2. Previous experience of managing teams/communities.
3. Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
4. Experience of operations management and process improvement.
5. Experience working in a cross-border, multi-cultural environment.