HR Manager at LafargeHolcim
Views:274 Applications:30 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:9
LafargeHolcim - Operations Analyst - Infrastructure (10-17 yrs)
LafargeHolcim - Operations Analyst - Infrastructure
- The Operations Analyst - Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for the maintenance and support of the servers and storage environments. This includes physical servers and servers in a virtual environment.
- He/She collaborates with the Managed Service Provider in all activities regarding daily operations
MAIN ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide support, installation, and configuration for all physical and virtual servers in the Global Data Centre of the zone.
- Provide support for the storage infrastructure.
- Provide after-hours support as needed, including a rotating 24x7 on-call support schedule.
- Proactively review and apply system patches as required.
- Provide proactive improvement, technical upgrades, and support of servers, storage, and backup environments.
- Determine and implement proper monitoring points and tuning alerts to be able to monitor the environments proactively.
- Create and maintain systems administration documentation outlining administration policies and practices.
- Support escalation process to Operation Track Leads and DC Infrastructure architects if necessary.
- Support the Managed Service Provider teams to ensure the correct application of the Standard Operational Procedures and enhance daily operational functions.
- Health and Safety:Ensure excellence in Health & Safety (H&S) by providing visible leadership and driving for the execution of the basics of the H&S operating model and adherence to Group H&S standards and policies.
PROFILE REQUIRED :
Level of education/qualifications normally required :
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Distinctive qualifications relating to his/her area of expertise.
Specific work experience :
- Experience working with offshore outsourcing organizations.
- Experience in global roll-out management.
- Implementation experience of infrastructure tools (monitoring, backup, provisioning, automation).
- Strong shell scripting experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in domain.
Technical/functional skills : Strong knowledge of Data Centre shared infrastructure (AWS, Servers, SAN, Network optimization, Security equipment) and associated technologies (Cisco UCS, VCE, EMC, HP).
Strong knowledge of AWS Cloud Services :
- Direct Connect
- API Gateway
- AWS Glue
- Key Management Service
- Directory Service
- AWS Organizations
- AWS Marketplace Subscriptions
- Elastic Container Registry
- Elastic Kubernetes Service
- Systems manager
Strong knowledge of :
- Monitoring and logging tools: ELK stack or similar (ElasticSearch, Logstash, FluentBit,Fluentd, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus,...)
- General network knowledge
Knowledge of :
- WAF & Shield
- AWS Cost Explorer
- AWS Budgets
- Knowledge of other Cloud providers and GKE
- Knowledge of infrastructure software (VmWare, UC4, Networker, Avamar, monitoring, CMP...).
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMWare), and Linux, UNIX (AIX, HPUX) and Windows operating systems.
- Broad range of understanding of ITIL, ITSM and industry best practices.
- Ability to understand and deliver infrastructure services which are provided on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- SAP Basis competencies would be appreciated.
- Broad range of understanding of main business applications used by LafargeHolcim: SAP, JDE, Cognos, WebMethods, Oracle, COMMAND, etc.
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Behavioural competencies :
- Open-minded, collaborative and an effective team player.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multi-located team.
- Driven for success and aspiring to a culture of service excellence, always putting the customer, our people and our business at the centre of everything he/she does.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively with many diverse stakeholders, with external vendors and auditors, and with staff.
- Ability to work proactively and under pressure considering the criticality required to ensure the right quality of service for the business.