Kuliza - Business Analyst - Insurance Domain (2-4 yrs)
Kuliza is looking for a dynamic, result oriented individual for a - Senior Business Analyst - Insurance domain role at Mumbai. If the following sounds like you, we- d love to hear from you!
The - Business Analyst - role is extremely important at Kuliza and the person fulfilling it is responsible for setting the stage for great insurance product implementations for our clients. It includes owning the requirement gathering and discovery phases of product development for large enterprise customers in the Finance domain in India, as well as abroad. It also includes ensuring a great relationship between the client & Kuliza, as well as ensuring that all the teams are on the same page with respect to the functional requirements.
To be successful, you must be able to quickly win the trust of the client and internal team through your knowledge of Insurance, ability to understand client's business, and clarity of communication. You must be able to instill in clients, a sense of confidence in yours and Kuliza's abilities, and be viewed as the person who can be the bridge between the client and Kuliza's product & engineering teams.
- 2-4yrs years of relevant experience working in a Business Consulting or Business Analyst role (client facing roles) ideally in insurance domain
- Strong understanding of the insurance domain
- Ability to coordinate work with the Product & Engineering teams in Bangalore while working from the client's location in Mumbai
- Experience having written requirements specifications or functional specifications (to be used by engineers for software product building) and getting them signed off from stakeholders
- Experience working with client stakeholders on one side and engineering teams on the other for software product development
- Ability to understand business requirements quickly (especially in the finance domain), probe client stakeholders for reasoning, and participate in meaningful debates with customers
- First-hand experience with Requirement gathering & working directly with stakeholders and client teams
- Understand Kuliza's processes, and ability to explain to clients these processes that are followed during the course of the project and why, including benefits of each stage of the product development cycle
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with a techno-functional bent of mind, and problem solver attitude
- User Experience: basic understanding of user experience
- First-hand experience of conducting requirement gathering & discovery workshops, and product demonstrations
- Ability to handle feedback & criticism from clients in a mature and constructive manner, and work with relevant teams for potential solutions, workarounds and quick wins to arrive at an agreement with client.
- Sharp and analytical thinking: ability to grasp customer requirements, work with product teams (client's or Kuliza's or both) to conceptualize solutions and present ideas
- Good project management, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: ability to prepare and eventually deliver presentations to audiences, demonstrating knowledge of requirements & domain, and conduct product demos
- Ability to follow up strongly with customers for open items/sign offs, and coordinate effectively with teams in Bangalore
- Handle the first level of escalations as needed
- Drive: an individual who leads by example, and understands how to motivate people to achieve success. Ability to roll up your sleeves and dive in when needed
Good To Have
- Understanding of technology and tech stacks
- Understanding of software development life cycle & agile
- Commercial Acumen: understands that Kuliza's commercial outcomes need to be met and actively supports Sales, PMs, Engineering Managers, etc. to achieve such outcomes
- MBA is a plus
Desired Skills and Experience
IT Business Analyst, IT Product Management, IT Product Development, IT Consulting