Recruitment at KPMG Global Services
Views:1279 Applications:311 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:2
KPMG - Team Leader - Research & Benchmarking - Financial Services Domain (5-7 yrs)
KPMG - Team Leader - Research - Financial Services
- We are recruiting for a Team Leader in the Research and Benchmarking Team.
- Working as a Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- Connect with research and benchmarking users (advisors from KPMG member firms across the world) to understand project objectives, scope, and deliverables.
- Your key role will be to support projects related to the financial services industry. Support consultants and key stakeholders in the financial services sector team with insights on FS accounts and sectors.
- Guide and train project team members on concepts related to the industry.
- Manage available staff resources and secure additional resource as required
- Effectively manage the request intake process including participating in project scoping calls to clarify understanding and prepare a detailed project scope document capability
- Deals confidently with challenges by responding with a rationale to support their argument
- Conceive, design and execute secondary research on: Deals confidently with challenges by responding with a rationale to support their argument
Company : business model, segments, revenue model, strategy, issues / challenges, M&A history, competitive positioning, organization structure, key management, recent developments, SWOT, etc
Market : industry value chain, size and growth outlook, trends and drivers, growth inhibitors and challenges, competitive landscape, Porter's / PESTLE analysis, etc
Benchmarking : basic understanding of the role of support functions, salary benchmarking, cost benchmarking, and vendor assessment from a business perspective
Financials : broad analysis of income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, ratios, segment performance, etc
Competitors : comparative performance of companies on financial and operational KPIs, relative strengths and weaknesses, etc
Location Assessment : understanding of the demographic, socio-political and workforce enablers
- Drive the analysis of the above to draw key insights; map a company's strategy and pain points to KPMG's services, in order to advise the practitioners on possible business development opportunities /scope; deliver insights on client engagements; etc.
- Articulate findings through visually appealing / appropriate frameworks and in a clear, concise, and grammatically correct business English (both written and verbal)
- Ensure effective presentation of client deliverables - prepare client ready presentations that are well structured, logical and clear to understand
- Guide Senior Analysts (SA) and Business Associates (BA) across each stage of projects - from communicating client requirements, scoping and work allocation, to continuous supervision and review across secondary research, data analysis and discussions, story-boarding, and preparing deliverables
- Ensure highest quality (for self and team members output) and on-time delivery for all the projects.
- Independently handle multiple projects, with minimal supervision from Manager/Assistant Manager
- Provide on-the-job and other classroom-based training (technical/databases) to SAs and BAs, and implement regular feedback mechanism
- Work collaboratively with onshore KPMG teams in the development of and delivery of presentations and key findings
- Drive the team's operations (staffing, MI, etc.) and key initiatives (such as training, team get together, BD collaterals, etc.)
- Contribute to BU level initiatives / assist in executing tasks (e.g. training)
Essential skills required :
Education / professional qualifications :
- The candidate must have 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in a professional services firm / third-party KPO / specialized research houses, or research divisions of investment banks; Prior Experience:
- Prior experience in team management (of 7-8 juniors for 2-3 years) - ability to identify team members- strengths, development areas and training needs, effectively allocating work, providing feedback, etc
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills, and sound business acumen.
- Experience in research projects focused on Financial Services industry (such as Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management etc.)
- Post Graduate (MBA / CFA / CA / M.Com. / PG in Economics)
Project and Team management exposure :
- Prior experience in project scoping, effort estimate, project work planning, team handling, staffing, providing feedback, etc.
- Credible record of operating as an independent contributor and also working as part of a team during larger projects
- Handle a portfolio of various level of complexity - manage multiple project team members
Technical skills :
- Strong research skills in the Financial Services industry (such as Banking, Capital Markets, Asset Management etc.).
- Understanding of concepts, emerging trends etc. applicable to the financial services industry.
- Proficiency in MS-Office - Intermediate/Advanced MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Word
- Highly articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills (especially PowerPoint)
- Experience in preparing reports, thought leaderships, media articles, industry landscapes, company analysis and regulatory updates
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data quickly and draw meaningful insights
- Primary/secondary research and benchmarking proficiency in using specialized databases and free sources
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills, and sound business / commercial acumen
- Adept at strategic frameworks such as SWOT, Porter's Five Forces, PESTLE, etc.
- A pragmatic approach to analysis and problem solving; ability to drive through to an outcome in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to assess technical information to distill key strategic insights and convey these succinctly, clearly and confidently, verbally and in written form
Behavioral / team skills :
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization and effective time management skills
- Effective team player
- Ability to handle client communication