HR Team at Kohler
Views:13609 Applications:1116 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:245
Kohler - Assistant Manager - Indirect Sourcing (4-8 yrs)
Own and drive the Purchasing Function at our Engineering Center and support the Technical Services group for Kohler and affiliates globally.
1. Own and drive all activities related to Indirect Purchasing (to drive as an individual contributor) at our Engineering / Technical Center. Primary categories for Indirect Materials include mainly
a. IT-Software, IT-Hardware, Facilities, Admin related purchases
b. Construction projects (new facility, expansion of facility, upgradation)
c. NPD (New Product Development) Projects - to develop Samples, Prototypes of various products for Kohler businesses
2. Follow and Enforce company's Global Procurement Policy and procedures
a. Understand the Kohler's Global Procurement Policy
b. Lead in enforcing this across the business for Purchasing or related activities
3. Standard Operating Process (SOP) Setup and Process Improvement
a. Constantly search and seek out improvement of purchasing processes and practices that eliminates non-value-added activity and incorporates relevant best practices. Overall goal is to improve purchasing support to management and buyers.
b. Audit effectiveness and sustainability of improvement initiatives.
4. Work effectively with all the concerned departments from Procure to Pay
a. Develop, Maintain and enhance relation with suppliers
b. Understand all stakeholder/internal customer requirements
c. Forecast and Plan for purchases
d. Work through the set system for guiding teams to generate requisition
e. Create and Manage Purchase Orders and maintain system (SAP)
f. Set up continuous improvement processes for effectively track and close all requirements to payments to suppliers
g. Work with Legal, finance, taxation and logistics department to setup Standard Processes and effectively crate and manage all contracts as per policy
5. Create and run the department with Metrics
a. Create and publish Metrics that are key for the department
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
Reports to the Sr. Manager - Project Management/Purchasing
Reports to the Manager - Global Indirect Purchasing
- Frequent/Daily interactions with the Engineering center end users of Software, Hardware, Services
- Frequent/daily interactions with engineers for finding new suppliers and on developing samples/prototypes
- Frequent contact with Global Corporate Procurement Department, Global Procurement Process & Systems Team and Business Unit Analysts
- Frequent contact with Finance, Admin, Taxation, Legal teams
- External contacts include suppliers and contractors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering
2. Past work experience is required in Indirect Purchasing (IT related)
3. Good to have - Additional work experience in direct materials, international logistics
4. At least 4+ years of work experience is preferred, and majority of which in Purchasing
5. Strong knowledge of SAP MM is required
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to professionally address a wide and varied audience, including executive management, both internally and externally.
7. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
8. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
9. Organizational and time management skills sufficient to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
10. Some travel required (estimated to be less than 20%)
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.