Consultant at Ab Placement
Views:4621 Applications:359 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:94
Knowledge Expert - Corporate Finance & Strategy Practice - Consulting Firm (10-15 yrs)
(Only Female candidates apply)
We are seeking a strong candidate with experience and passion to fill a Knowledge Expert - Team Manager role within the Knowledge Team of our Corporate Finance & Strategy (CFS) Practice for a Global Consulting Firm.
CFS addresses two of the most central questions facing the C-suite: How to gain and sustain a competitive advantage? And how to achieve value creation in the process? CFS Knowledge Team is the dedicated knowledge arm of the CFS Practice Area and offers topic specific expertise, analytical thinking and insights generation to the practitioners and clients.
- Team is spread across the globe and provides extensive experience & expertise in innovation driven transformation, value acceleration (shareholder value maximization, shareholder activism) corporate and portfolio strategy and CFO excellence related topics. Focused on delivering analytical approaches that allow senior management to effectively deal with challenges such as generating growth, managing a portfolio of assets, forming a world-class finance organization, understanding risk, and responding to the way capital markets assess companies today.
The Knowledge Expert - Team Manager will :
Collaborate with business leaders, expert consultants and other knowledge colleagues in all global hubs to develop and deliver proprietary data, tools and analytics. In addition, lead a team of CFS professionals to ensure delivery of high quality products and applications:
- Lead a team of knowledge professionals covering specific topics and own specific products and activities
- Play an active role in recruitment and on-boarding according to business needs
- Manage scope, workflow, activities, and output of the team
- Manage ad hoc requests from clients and proposal teams, assigning them to appropriate team member to deliver on time and ensuring high quality responses
- Work with key stakeholders on productizing knowledge efforts; provide insights on process and methodology
- Provide coaching and guidance to team. Cater for long-term professional development of team members. Evaluates performance and develops career development plans for the team
- Manages and commercializes practice knowledge initiatives, products and service in close collaboration with topic teams
- Contributes substantially to development of knowledge initiatives, products (e.g. benchmarking) and intellectual capital development projects
- Captures proprietary content, industry and topic insights to the knowledge infrastructure
- Identifies topic gaps and suggests knowledge initiatives to management
- Influences the shaping and direction of CFS Practice's own knowledge agenda
Other ad hoc analytical, data and research tasks :
- Manage the team to work with CFS Practice leads to deliver on client team requests
- Play an Expert role on internal and external projects. Shape project plans through own expertise and thinking
- Support client teams with ad hoc financial research and analysis - particularly those requiring deeper expertise
- Take lead on defining and executing financial analyses that will be leveraged by case teams and clients
- Over time developing deep expertise in CFS proprietary offerings to assume increased intellectual ownership of selected topics within the expert network
YOU'RE GOOD AT :
- Candidates that are experienced in leading teams and have worked in a strategy/finance/relevant knowledge/analytics leadership position with international exposure are preferred. Applicants should offer expertise in Strategy related topics and productized delivery of knowledge.
- Strategic thinking paired with business judgment and drive for pragmatic implementation is also a must in this role. Advanced understanding of nuances related to corporate finance analysis, strong excel/modelling/macro writing skills are a strong plus
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS) :
- Master's degree with high academic achievements in business administration, majors in strategy, corporate finance, or other relevant subjects. Other degree areas will be considered in combination with sufficient topic expertise and experience
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in the relevant fields of strategic planning, corporate & portfolio strategy OR innovation; Consulting experience preferred
- Collaborative team manager with strong leadership and coaching skills, work ethics and service-mentality with experience of working in a matrix organization
- Strong presence, interpersonal, leadership and credibility skills with business sensibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Relevant experience building and managing analytical/ benchmarking/ tools products (5+ years)
- Demonstrated international exposure (5+ years)
- Strong analytical capabilities - financial and operational data, data management and manipulation
- Strong knowledge of and affinity for database and analytical tool management
- Strong ability to work with multiple clients in a fast-paced environment, prioritize requests and manage expectations of clients
YOU'LL WORK WITH :
- In this role, you will be part of the CFS Knowledge Team, working together with team members across regions.
- You will be supporting various Project teams (client case, proposal, internal efforts) in a leading role by providing functional expertise. You are expected to partner with project teams to identify and address critical analytical support as well as execute requests, draw conclusions and synthesize results.
- You will also be working together with several topic teams (Corporate Strategy, Portfolio Strategy, and Strategic Planning) in a leading role by collaborating and maintaining the development of proprietary knowledge and tools.