HR & Recruiting Specialist at Kisan Network
Views:3879 Applications:178 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Kisan Network - Rural Area Manager - Procurement/Operations (3-4 yrs)
About Kisan Network:
Kisan Network (www.kisannetwork.com) is a tech enabled and integrated agri produce supply chain direct from farm to business. We enable small and marginal farmers PAN India to sell their crops directly to institutional buyers, where each step is captured and monitored on our proprietary technology enabled rural supply chain.
We are backed by several marquee investors like Y Combinator and the Thiel Fellowship, and have been covered by outlets like TechCrunch (http://bit.ly/kisantc) and Forbes (http://bit.ly/adityaforbessocial30). In fact, we are the first and only (till date) from an Asia focused startup to be a part of both Y Combinator and the Thiel Fellowship program.
Headquartered in Gurugram, we have operations in multiple states across India. We have a team comprising of both 20 years of experience in technological applications for rural distribution in India and also, prior startup experience in the technology product space.
There are more than 100 million cultivators in India whom we need to serve and we have an ambitious vision for an open and free online agricultural market in the country, that clocks in at around $300 Billion.
- Manage and help in recruitment of local procurement executives
- Coordinate with management on fruitful sourcing and expansion strategies
- Conduct frequent market visits to get a better understanding of prevalent prices and market trends
- Participate in farm visits to engage in farmer meetings, crop quality inspections, procurement activities etc.
- Discover local logistics partners and initiate partnerships
- Negotiate with logistics partners to secure advantageous terms
- Monitor procurement of crops by field team
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- MBA with 3 years of experience,with 2 years of experience on field
- Ability to work odd and long hours
- Ability to travel extensively within state applied for
- 2/4 Wheeler
- Android Smartphone
- Prior field work (rural or agriculture) experience or crop procurement experience or supply chain operations experience is must
- Alignment with the small close-knit team at KN. This is with respect to vision, work culture and other similar aspects.
What we offer:
- You will be in charge of what you do and be an integral part of the supply chain process.
- You will be a part of the core team working directly with the founders in building the core product.
- Competitive compensation (Don't worry about this!)
- Most importantly, you will have fun working with a fast-paced team on a product that can impact more than 70% of India's population (~one billion people). As the team is small, you will easily be able to see direct impact of what you are working on, on our customers (Trust us - it is extremely fulfilling!)
Salary Offered : 7 LPA
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.