Senior TA at Khatabook
Views:432 Applications:61 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:5
Khatabook - Senior Manager - Risk (4-6 yrs)
The MSME sector...
Bharat has 60 Million MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises). 90% of India's ~$1 Trillion Retail Market is controlled by the traditional/unorganized sector. Which means ~$900B worth of commerce flows through these ~60M MSMEs in the form of shops/warehouses/kiosks/homes, scattered all over the
Who we are and what we do...
Khatabook aims to build products that every MSME would use to run their business better. We started with the business ledger, which saves 3-4 hours for merchants per day by managing their credit, creating transparency in cash flow, and increasing trust with their consumers - solving a critical need for Global MSMEs. We also empower merchants to collect payment digitally and help build their identity through offerings such as business cards.
What have we achieved so far...
Today more than a Million merchants are uploading data and engaging with the Khatabook app daily while adding $200 Million worth of transactions every day. The high engagement has resulted in more than 25% of the total active merchants joining the platform through word-of-mouth and referrals.
Play your role in making history...
Digital book-keeping app Khatabook has raised $100 million in its Series C round, led by Silicon Valley-based early-stage fund Tribe Capital and Moore Strategic Ventures (MSV). The latest funding round values Khatabook at $600 million. India's MSMEs also showed their trust by the continued use of Khatabook in these troubled times.
The Khatabook Team is now focused on empowering them, by building the next-gen digital-first products
- Ease the management of capital cycles so that merchants can earn more money.
- Simplify the acquisition and distribution of goods and smoothen the payments.
- Upskill merchants to run their businesses better.
Role and responsibilities :
- Own and manage the financial services technology control frameworks.
- Setup processes and manage team for evaluation, review of Merchants at Onboarding stage and advise on necessary mitigants for reducing Merchant Risk.
- Create and run the processes for investigation on chargebacks, frauds etc. with help of risk operations team
- Setup processes for automated Merchant Risk evaluation and alternatives in Risk mitigation with help of data science and data engineering teams
- Track and implement the changes in KYC compliance, onboarding that allows identifying genuine merchants and blocking risky behaviour.
- Work with Compliance teams to evaluate and improve existing risk management policies on a regular basis.
- 4+ years of strong experience in risk management and/or portfolio management capacity for financial services, payment services, or merchant account acquiring companies
- Experience working with high-performance technical teams and the ability to create a culture based on those best practices.