Senior TA at Khatabook
Views:632 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Khatabook - Senior Manager - Lending Operations (6-12 yrs)
Are you passionate about solving roadblocks & challenges faced by MSMEs in India
MSMEs contribute significantly to India's total GDP. 90% of India's ~$1 Trillion Retail Market is controlled by MSMEs. Which means ~$900B worth of commerce flows through these ~60M MSMEs in the form of shops/kiosks/homes, scattered all over the country.
We at Khatabook, have built digital products that makes the MSMEs more efficient by managing their credit, and creating transparency in cash flow, henceforth increasing trust with their consumers and that paved the path for us to become India's fastest-growing fintech company.
Why work with us :
- People are our biggest asset! At Khatabook, every one of us is a dynamic superstar. We have carefully bred an ecosystem which hires nothing but incredibly and exceptionally talented people who can dream, collaborate, experiment, and break new ground. We're a strong team that looks out for each other.
- We exist to empower India's 60 Million strong MSMEs. Our users' motives, methodology, expectations and behavior are significantly different from our own when they interact with the internet and technology ecosystem which makes it harder to build for them, to solve that. Our first offering - is an Android App that has been downloaded over 10 crore times, which has resulted in having an active merchant base of over 9 million users.
- As more businesses are adopting digital for business than ever before, Khatabook's goal can be summed up simply - Empowering merchants by simplifying their business by
- Building a complete business management platform.
- Providing the power of technology to an underserved segment.
- Helping businesses to grow by providing them with ammunition of insights & digital reports.
- Offering a financial services platform catering to the specific needs of the MSME space.
Your role :
We, at Khatabook, are looking for a Senior Manager - Operations to help streamline the lending operation function. They will be responsible for the productivity of the processes, monitor and manage risks, people and overall governance of the department by effectively channelizing the respective City Managers to provide high-quality service to the internal stakeholders and business leaders. They will also be responsible for driving strategic projects in the locations where we have a customer base and help implement business objectives.
Furthermore, they will be responsible for supporting the origination, onboarding and ongoing maintenance of the Khatabook loan portfolio.
What would you do at Khatabook
Operations Management :
- Responsible for day-to-day field operations of lending such as Customer Verification, Loan Processing and Loan Disbursal across India
- Foster relationships across multiple areas in the company across product, technology, risk, compliance and finance departments to standardize processes
- Enable brain-storming sessions with N-1s to identify recurring issues that impact mission-critical priorities
- Ensure procedures, and skill matrixes are updated to date, monitor the knowledge base of each team and ensure there are no operational dependencies.
- Be a role model and act with high standards by being accountable and by taking ownership
Operational Excellence :
- Monitor the team's performance and quality of delivery against the agreed SLAs and standards
- Identify the pain points and implement the fixes and adequate control measures to maximize the standards to meet the desired level
- Create and run projects to implement processes which helps in increasing efficiency of the team
Budget and Governance :
- Conduct Monthly Service Level Calls with Lending Leadership and conduct regular calls with City Managers to cascade management communications and receive key operational inputs, issues and incident follow-ups
- Plan and define Business Continuity Plan for each function to address a possible Extreme Risk Scenario
- Going beyond individual objectives for the benefit of the organization as a whole
- Recruitment and People
- Recruit competent, trainable and culturally fit people in the department and ensure the staff is appraised for their performance without bias.
- Ensure objectives are set for the staff, monitor & review performance, conduct interim and annual performance reviews and fair CRP exercise.
- Help the staff to develop their skills, improve their areas of improvement and other developmental goals to enhance their career growth.
- Identify the talents, built capabilities and created robust successive plans for each function
- Mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement.
- Encourage mobility and champion the diversity drive and achieved a healthy gender ratio
What are we looking for :
- Candidate should have +6 years of overall experience in operations across Field and Telephony
- Startup and Fintech Operations background would be preferred
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrate integrity with data, colleagues and stakeholders
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate well, being accurate and concise
- Generating creative solutions to problems, Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritize workload in an organized manner
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- People management experience. Experience in handling large field teams
- Experience in handling live operations (wherein real-time decision-making capability & bias for action matters)