Khatabook - Director - Brand Marketing (6-9 yrs)
Role : Director of Brand Marketing
Experience: 6+ years
- At KhataBook, we- re building utility solutions for the nation's 60 million-strong SMBs sector. Our first offering - an Android App enabling businesses to digitally record the credit they extend to customers - went viral. In a matter of 18 months, KhataBook has been downloaded 30M times, more and more businesses are becoming a part of this network. Khatabook recorded transactions totaling $3 Bn in August 2019.
- Some context of the market: a traditional/unorganized sector controls 90 % of India's ~$1 Trillion Retail Market. This means ~$900B worth of commerce flows through ~60M small & medium shops/warehouses/kiosks/homes, scattered all over the country - from mighty metros to tiny villages. A network powered by millions of businesses, built-in turn to power these businesses - that's our goal at KhataBook.
- Why our users love us: The app effectively cuts down the receivables of merchants to half within a few weeks of onboarding them. Its users recovered approximately $5 bn stuck in credit in six months, significantly impacting India's MSME sector.
- Where we currently are: KhataBook recently closed a $25 Million Series A Round and is backed by the top investors in the business. Founded by four IIT-Bombay grads, KhataBook is led by Ravish Naresh, Co-founder, and COO at Housing.com, one of India's most significant property listing websites.
- We're a small team based in Bengaluru, funded by Sequoia, Info Edge & Y Combinator. We- re always looking for great folks to come and join us on this fantastic adventure.
- The marketing team at Khatabook believes in creating a brand that speaks directly to its audience. As a Brand Director with the company, you will be responsible for creating brand building strategies across channels.
You Job :
- Collaborate with Product, sales and marketing teams to build a strong, locally relevant brand
- Lead customer marketing efforts for the brand
- Lead content marketing across all relevant channels and build a strong community
- Strategically lead the developments with internal and external brand partners on brand development.
- Oversee the brand marketing budgets
- Translate primary and secondary research into insights that power advertising strategies
- Conceptualise and present ideas as per the brief.
- Ensure smooth running of new projects
- Ensure that the design guidelines are implemented in all creatives that are released by the team
- Ideate creative pieces for social media, performance marketing, brand marketing, other offline channels etc.
- Maintain and deliver high-quality creatives on a regular basis
- Development of concepts to improve the quality of internal production, implementation of new worldwide-consistent standards.
- Management of internal and external resources of the overall job verticals of creativity
Qualities we value:
- Ability to engage productively and successfully with key stakeholders across PR, media, marketing, product, research & measurement teams
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- An understanding of trends and the new marketing strategies
- Experience in building strong brands
- Experience with and an understanding of marketing research
- Collaborative in approach