Kalpataru - Center Manager - Retail (12-20 yrs)
Job Description :
Position/Designation : Center Manager
Department : Retail
Reports to : Retail Head
Location : Mumbai
Experience Required : 12 years - 20 years
Objective of the Role : Profit Centre Head for one mall
Key Result Areas :
Mall Profitability :
a. Impacting the revenues and the profits of the mall
Customers & Marketing :
a. Creating & Implementing Tenant & Shopper acquisition and retention strategies in a competitive environment
b. Developing & Implementing Brand and Marketing frameworks along with Corp Marketing team
People & Community :
a. Providing leadership to the Mall employees, internal and outsourced
b. Building lasting relationships with the community and acting as a goodwill ambassador
a. Development and implementation of processes to achieve the above.
b. Ensure adherence to corporate governance and ethical norms of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities :
Retailer Planning, organizing and Formatting :
- Assessing impact of Tenant Mix on buying behaviour of target shoppers.
- Preparing an Ideal Tenant Mix and measuring performance of Actual Tenant Mix.
- Understanding of Retailing Format and its implication on Mall design.
- Infrastructural needs of Retailers.
- Understanding of performance parameters of Retailer category.
Mall Operations :
- Understanding of CAM issues.
- Operations of Utilities and access for CAM.
- Mall Safety issues.
- Awareness of the back-office functions of the business.
- Understanding parking and shoppers access requirements of Mall.
Understanding dynamics of Retail Market :
- Tracking Retail Brands and their Image.
- Performance of Key Retailers.
- Emergence of new Brands / Players in the market.
- Emergence of new Retail Formats.
- Lease rent trends, and their viability for different Retailer categories.
Relationships with Anchors and key Retail Partners :
- Relationship management strategy for key Retailers.
- Key parameters tracking.
- Continuous tracking of Retailer Needs and Mall Features.
- Management and strengthening of Anchor relationships.
Evaluation and closure of Lease Deals :
- Evaluate Lease Offers, negotiate terms and rentals, and close the lease deals within the shortest possible time.
- Include performance-based terms for terminating and extending lease agreements.
- Conduct a review of leases and market annually to ascertain economic changes, which may present opportunities to renegotiate lease contracts and improve realization.
Understanding Mall Zoning issues :
- Understanding of lifestyle values of target shoppers that impact the retail environment.
- Knowledge of - Winning Shopping Centre Design- and retail structuring within them.
- Impact of Mall Zoning on target Retailers.
- Analyzing and evaluating ongoing Business Performance.
- Managing the business planning & budgeting process.
- Timely and accurate reporting of Mall performance.
Store Design :
- Space needs for various Retailing categories.
- Understanding of Retailing Presentation Issues: Lighting, Fixturing, Windows & Display, Signage.
- Merchandising requirements & solutions.
- Storefronts trends, Fit-out guidelines, Tenant Co-ordination.
Project Management :
- Project Planning, Scheduling & Control techniques
- Knowledge of MS Project for Project monitoring
- Principles of Project costing and control, Project Quality
Relationship with External Environment : Management of external environment for the smooth running of Mall
- Establish best in class practices for the safety of Shoppers, and employees of Mall, Retailers, and contractors
- Establish systems for Fire and Safety Management.