Global Head - Logistics at Jumia
Views:983 Applications:309 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:44
Jumia - Delivery Experience Role (5-10 yrs)
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
- Our platforms consist of our marketplace, which connects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables the shipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our payment service, which facilitates transactions among participants active on our platform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers can access a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion, electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurant delivery.
- With over 3,000 employees in 14 countries spanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact for Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation. We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey!
Preference: Candidates from Ecommerce background with experience in Supply Chain Design, Fleet Management, workforce training. Prior experience with Swiggy/ Zomato/ Grofers/Flipkart etc
Main Responsibilities :
- Construct a training plan and asses the training needs of the delivery team
- Develop and improve training content, while managing the training coordination for the delivery team.
- Design and conduct role plays and focus group discussion in small batches everyday
- Evaluate the progress of the delivery team after receiving the training
- Monitor customer feedback regarding their delivery experience and evaluation for the delivery representative to ensure good customer experience.
- Manage the delivery part of the customer experience evaluation survey to enhance the results.
- Contribute in refining the operations process in a way that enhances both delivery Agents- needs and customer experience
- Monitor competitors- delivery offerings and ensure Jumia delivery options are competitive and compelling.
- Conduct regular surveys to constantly evaluate our service of 3rd Party Logistics providers and take improvement actions accordingly.
- Ensure the implementation of routine maintenance and vehicle cleanliness. While managing maintenance expenses to limit cost when possible.
- Managing incentive programs to ensure the satisfaction of Delivery Agents.
- Coach, lead and develop drivers to support the delivery team and improve daily productivity on gate to gate basis
- Build robust and scalable hiring methodology for Delivery Agents in all countries
- Ensure the implementation of road safety and risk for the Delivery Agents daily work life
- Cooperate in enhancing the Delivery Application
- Design and roll out various community initiatives for Das
- Manage and sustaining engagement on the DA community and foster it to sustain at scale