Senior Manager at Jumbotail Technologies Pvt Ltd
Views:818 Applications:182 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:76
Jumbotail - State Head - Seller Marketplace (4-10 yrs)
Jumbotail - State Head - Seller Marketplace
Jumbotail(www.jumbotail.com) is India's leading B2B marketplace and New Retail platform, serving thousands of mom & pop stores ("Kiranas"). Jumbotail ecosystem has 4 in-house, proprietary platforms - B2B online marketplace, Supply Chain & Logistics, Fintech for SME Lending, and Retail platform that powers its J24 branded convenience grocery stores.
Jumbotail transforms traditional unorganized kirana stores into J24 branded modern convenience grocery stores, by providing a complete business toolkit and playbook consisting of J24 consumer branding, in-store GoldenEye retail technology and processes, real-time data driven product selection and merchandising insights, integrated supply chain with daily store servicing, Green Card loyalty program and payment solutions which create a differentiated in-store experience for consumers. J24 also provides complete omni-channel experience by taking the store online and also integrating with hyperlocal platforms like Swiggy, Dunzo, and Flipkart.
Jumbotail was founded by Karthik & Ashish, classmates from the Stanford MBA class of 2011. The company has raised USD 140M so far from Invus affiliate, Nexus Ventures, Heron Rock, VII Ventures, Nutresa, Veronorte, Kalaari Capital, and several well-renowned family offices and HNIs across the world. In Dec 2021 Jumbotail completed its $85M Series-C funding round.
We have a strong and passionate team who is motivated to solve real world problems and impact lives. Our team consists of alumni from Stanford, IITs, IIMs, BITS, ISB and top NITs, having several years of industry experience in leading companies like Flipkart, Amazon, ebay, BCG, McKinsey, Housing, Microsoft, ITC and Grofers. Together, we are reimagining and reengineering the food and grocery ecosystem in India through intelligent technology, innovative business models, and intuitive design. We are serving thousands of happy and satisfied customers who trust Jumbotail for their food and grocery needs every day.
Jumbotail is at an inflection point - Covid-19 has brought Kiranas (its core customer segment) the attention that their >95% share of India's food and grocery market rightfully merits. In parallel, it has exposed the frailties of traditional wholesale and FMCG distribution as well as those of large format modern trade. Retailers and brands alike, are seeking a reliable, resilient, 21st century alternative. Jumbotail is well positioned to capture this market opportunity and become an indispensable part of India's $600 billion food and grocery retail market.
While our market potential is huge - in the order of hundreds of billions of dollars, the opportunity requires us to solve challenging problems that are so unique to India that copycat models will not work. We are putting our customers first and building technologies, products, platforms and services, and cutting edge supply chains that will work for the next billion Indians who have fundamentally different needs - access, language, selection, supply chain, financial and cultural.
The work you will do at Jumbotail will impact real lives and bring a lasting positive change for the next billion people of India. We promise a fun, fast paced ride with some of the smartest people, with opportunities to learn and grow, and leave a legacy.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
We're looking for a State head who can :
- Manage the P&L of the given region
- Measure and track key metrics for the region and take initiatives to achieve targets
- Ensure quality service in the region by establishing and continuously improving the operational process and structure; works closely with operations team and delegates authority, as required, to do this
- Manage the region's team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Achieve financial objectives by developing and recommending an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; anticipating long-term issues
- Recommend programs and services by studying changing needs and market trends in the region
- Maintain rapport with customers, vendors and brands by regularly engaging with them and resolving issues
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- Enforce board's decisions by developing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Comply with central, state, and local laws and regulations by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
We are looking for leaders at all levels who have the hunger to work with some of the smartest people, who are driven by a sense of purpose, and who wish to leave a legacy in their respective domains and among their professional fraternity. We are not just building apps or tech platforms, but rather building distributed ecosystems connected through intelligent technology that can change the face of the food and grocery consumption pipelines in India, forever, for the better.
An ideal candidate for this role is someone who has :
- Strong problem solving to be able to structurally identify priority problems to solve and come up with quick and effective solutions
- Strong analytical skills for tracking key metrics and diving deep into problems
- Good communication skills for presenting to senior management and collaborating with peers
- Ability to build relationships with sellers and buyers
- Ability to build teams and lead and inspire people
- Ability to work cross functionally with stakeholders and influence without authority
- Strong execution muscle to manage multiple initiatives and implement flawlessly
- Ability to experiment fast and apply learnings across the business
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
- Undergrad from top institutes. MBA would be an added advantage.
- We would like to hear from candidates who have the hunger to impact real lives and who can match our high bar on Core Values that we live by.
If you :
- Can apply first principles thinking to solve problems
- Can envision a great future that you want to create
- Have the fire in your belly to get out of your cube and do something about your vision and passion
- Want to work with some really smart people, and still raise the bar for all of us
- Can have fun and help your colleagues have fun doing all of the above..
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.