Manager - Talent Acquisition at Jubilant Foodworks Limited
Views:4605 Applications:975 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:102
Jubilant Foodworks - AVP - Category Development & Innovation (10-12 yrs)
Job Purpose :
- Jubilant FoodWorks is amidst transformation & expansion which will fuel the next level of growth and this creates both challenging environment and opportunity to grow fast. While JFL is the largest QSR in the sub-continent, it is set to double in scale & size with a vision towards becoming a 2000+ Restaurant with Multi Business, Multi Brands & Cuisines, Multi Country Operations, on pillars of Innovation, stronger Innovations and fast growing Food technology.
- With Indian consumers becoming more discerning, demanding and open for experimentation to new cuisines, cooking styles and experiences, it becomes imperative that Jubilant FoodWorks offers this new age Indian consumer a variety of brands and cuisines that are in line with ever evolving consumer demands.
- Since, In Jubilant, we believe that all Innovations must at their very core, strengthen the equity of the lead brand and also drive significant top-line for the organisation it will be critical to view all innovations with that lens.
- The incumbent will lead the team of 2-3 people and will drive innovation agenda across the new business unit compromising 3 brands ( Dunkin - Coffee / Hongs Kitchen - Pan Asian food and Ekdum - JFL entry in biryani).
- The person will be responsible for brand strategy / food strategy and NPD calender to continue building distinctive assets and differentiates hero products for the brands. The incumbent will also be responsible to work very closely with Chef teams and SC teams on scaling the production. The key deliverable includes full mix development (TV, non-TV and digital) equity , asset building and owning the consumer agenda.
Key Accountabilities :
- Be the owner of accelerating the new user acquisition for Dunkin / Hongs and Ekdum through crafting right brand strategy and putting the innovation funnel in place
- Formulating marketing strategy calender for 6 to 18 months and partner activation team
- Conceptualizing and bringing to life Innovations which make our brands distinct
- Own the fully the agenda of food and equity strategy to relaunch of Dunkin into a coffee first brand
- Devise strategy with simple execution model which increases the penetration of beverage category in business and drive high margin snacking products ( RTE /RTH)
- Drive innovations for these categories to address consumer needs in store, build Dunkin at home occasion with beverages / snacks and merchandize .
- Be a people's leader who develops and coaches a team of 2-3 direct reports in driving the above agenda
Brand P&L Ownership ownership.
- Conceptualize new concept, develop scalable business case and make sure business case is delivered at right metrics like food costs and consumer acceptance score NPS . Delivering the business desired volume and margin : Drive topline and bottom line for the portfolio through
- Devising business growth strategies to drive existing product offerings through levers of ATL (Digital First / CRM and Social and), CRM and in app properties on home page, menu, cart etc
- Increasing frequency of purchase of existing portfolio buyers
- Drive partnership (with Chefs / Technology) to bring scalable solutions to brands for fatser awareness and business building
- Develop a innovation calender, which caters to different consumer occasions , develop a rolling innovation plan for 12-24 months, depending on key consumer needs and brand strategy (for the relevant portfolio) by working closely with your reporting team, cross functional partners and external partners This will include
- Build a very strong understanding of consumers and there consumption occasion and developing sharper insights on food and beverage enablers in QSR & Casual dining category.
- Detailed understanding of business strategy (barriers, frequency, repeats and new customer acquisition) and how innovations can plug these white spaces to drive frequency , penetration and premiumization.
- Constantly updating yourself with the latest in food trends across India / Asia and the globe
- Develop entry strategy and launch of new products. This will involve developing the full marketing mix including operations strategy, launch specifics and all ATL/BTL initiatives for year 1
- Drive collaboration by ensuring smooth partnership of team members with cross functional partners
Lead the charge on driving innovation rigor through tools like
- Stage gate management
- Focus on consumer research ( Qualitative / Quantitative / Backward Method)
- Working closely with marketing insights team, chef team, the Supply Chain Team, the Quality team, the Operations/Training team to ensure robustness of the commercialization process.
- Manage all research needs- product sensory evaluations, copy testing etc
- Drive working relationship with all agency partners including creative agency, media agency partners
Qualification & Experience:
- 10-12 years experience in Tier 1 FMCG companies.
- Worked with leading consumer oriented brands and categories and been an integral part of major campaigns and product launches. Strong brand management / Strategy & Innovation experience BOTH needed. Foods experience is good to have but not a must. Ideally should have experience of building categories / brand in a consumer tech set up
- Experience of forging great working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders including agency partners and support functions like operations and supply chain.
- Person, who can navigate in a fast growing world where ambiguity exists and "QUICK" action mindset is needed to excel. The job needs passionate marketers who love food and want to make a impact and don't think to deploy global given mixes.