HR at JP Morgan Services
Views:898 Applications:197 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
JPMorgan Chase - Country Risk Analyst - Country Risk Methodology & Governance Team (1-4 yrs)
As a Country Risk Analyst you will be responsible for providing leadership on risk methodology for the group, including new product assessments, the development of risk measures in addition to developing and implementing the stress framework for Country Risk Management.
The Country Risk Management group is an independent risk management function which works in close partnership with other risk functions to identify and monitor country risk within the Firm. This team is responsible for developing guidelines and policies consistent with a comprehensive country risk framework.
The Country Risk Methodology and Governance Team within Country Risk is broadly responsible for the following:
Establishing the focus on governance, including driving the processes for dealing with regulatory matters, improvements to the control environment and advancing data quality management.
Developing legal entity specific processes, including the continued development of stress and exposure views, as well as improving alignment to regional Legal Entity Risk managers.
The teams focus is global and requires partnership within Country Risk Management, in addition to working across all lines of business in the Firm and with other risk disciplines, risk reporting, corporate groups, technology, LOBs and regulators.
- Contribute to the development of Country Risks stress framework, including robust stress explain tools, detailed analysis of stress drivers and engagement with technology to further develop the stress framework
- Work closely with sovereign analyst team to ensure underlying market and credit risk stress drivers are fully understood
- Focus on control environment, including limit management, audit and regulatory requests
- Contribution to broader initiatives, particularly those related to wrong way exposures, LE reporting and Risk Appetite
- Participate in new business initiatives and transaction analyses by assessing their impact on country risk stress
- Assist in development of business requirements for improving and automating Country Risk infrastructure, work flow and regulatory response requirements
- Perform country specific deep dive stress analyses to support requests from senior management and regulators
- Engage in ongoing dialogue with front office and risk colleagues to ensure proper impact analysis for new transactions
- Strong academic background; undergraduate degree in economics, finance, mathematics, sciences or related discipline
- Prior experience in risk management, product control or a financial analysis and reporting function a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and diligent at following up on issues
- Strong written & verbal communication; comfortable presenting and explaining complex topics and analysis
- Team-oriented personality; ability to work in small teams across functions, regions and seniority levels
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel; experience working with large data sets and VBA desirable
- Familiarity with credit or market risk products & enthusiasm for financial markets
- Understanding of stress methodology and metrics a plus
- Experience with capital stress testing or associated models a plus
- Pro-active attitude, intellectually curious, creative and self-motivated