HR at JP Morgan Services
Views:1041 Applications:258 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:16
JPMorgan Chase - Associate - Wholesale Credit Risk (4-7 yrs)
Wholesale Credit Risk Management ((WCR) is responsible for lending activities and other counterparty related credit exposures. The Risk Team manages exposure to a client base consisting of super-regional, multistate, and single state banks, credit unions and credit card processors. Wholesale Credit Risk professionals lead the client credit relationship in partnership with Coverage and Product business colleagues.
Responsibilities include :
- Conducting due diligence, structuring, risk grading, and the on-going monitoring and management of a diverse and complex portfolio of risk comprised of extensive derivatives and securities trading relationships, intraday liquidity facilities, and other traditional credit products.
Associate responsibilities also include :
- Collaborating across credit risk and the business teams to meet client credit requests, while balancing the risk-return needs of the Firm. They constantly assist in monitoring the portfolio to accurately assign risk ratings to clients and facilities, and elevate issues to senior team members
As an Associate in WCR you will serve as the Credit Officer (CO) and coverage for key portfolios.
- Independently prepare credit analysis on assigned clients (covering macro overview, industry/sector, competitor, business, financial and credit analysis) and recommend rating grades and credit facilities.
- Appraise and execute new transaction request from Bankers and prepare detailed on boarding notes/ approval memos.
- Get involved in transactions including discussions with bankers, negotiating of legal documentation, setting up facilities, coordinating with middle office teams and on-going monitoring of clients post transaction approval.
- Build strong relationships and maintain open communication with colleagues from various LOBs including COs, Bankers, Operations, Legal, Middle Office, Finance, etc.
- Partner actively with various LOBs, Legal & Compliance, Operations, WCOB and others for on boarding, deal execution, monitoring exposures and regulatory compliance.
- Negotiate new Transaction documentation such as ISDAs/CSAs as well as amendments and waiver requests.
- Track coverage clients/sectors on an on-going basis and update key stakeholders on material developments w.r.t. their clients/ industry and potential ratings impact.
- Actively manage credit exposure, prepare and present Annual Reviews, and Annual Portfolio Risk Reviews.
- Be current on all firm-wide risk policies and ensure all governance, reporting and data quality requirements are met and maintained for client and client families.
- Mentor and train junior analysts in the team on fundamentals of credit risk, internal systems & processes and reviewing their work.
- Contribute to various firm-wide projects focused on improving risk technology, enhancing risk reporting, regulatory compliance etc.
- MBA from Top Tier B-School or professional qualification in Accountancy
- Excellent academic track record; strong finance and analytical skills
- At least 3 - 6 years relevant credit / research experience
- Clear grasp of Corporate Finance concepts and their application
- Robust understanding of Financial Statements including Ratio Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Accounting Standards, Accounting treatment and Financial Adjustments
- Good knowledge of credit analysis techniques and process & multiple industry sectors
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact & build positive relationships with key stakeholders (across LOBs)
- Ability to work proactively & independently as well as in a team environment
- Deadline orientation; organized and responsible; high attention-to-details
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Power Point.