HR at JP Morgan Services
Views:1087 Applications:147 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:123
JPMorgan Chase - Associate - Market Risk Coverage - SPG & Credit (5-14 yrs)
Associate - Market Risk Coverage - SPG & Credit Lead
CIB Market Risk performs the following primary functions:
- Independent ongoing identification, monitoring and control of business unit market risk
- Performance of stress testing and qualitative risk assessments
- Analysis of aggregated risks and tail risk exposure
- Facilitation of efficient risk-return decisions
- Regular dialogue with the trading businesses with respect to risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
- Market Risk expanded its geographical presence by creating a new hub in Mumbai, India in 2019. The India hub is responsible for partnering with the onshore Market Risk Coverage teams in jointly owning and carrying out core Market Risk responsibilities. Market Risk is seeking an associate to manage a team of 4 individuals covering the Credit and SPG trading businesses.
- In addition to managing the team, the primary responsibility is to cover marker risk for global emerging market credit.
- The successful candidate will have dual reporting with a local team lead in Mumbai and the LOB aligned Market Risk Coverage lead in an onshore location.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ability to lead, train and manage a small team of market risk professionals in India. The successful candidate will manage directly 3 other market risk professionals
- Market risk coverage for EM Credit trading including Asia, Ceemea and Latam markets
- Monitor risk exposures, understand the factors that drive the risk and P&L on the books, follow market movement/activities affecting positions, highlight and discuss risk changes and top risks.
- Develop understanding of various products traded and the key risks associated with them. Products include bonds, CDS, loans and securitized products.
- Be innovative in looking for threats and weaknesses in the risk profile - be pro-active in bringing these to the attention of the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
- Conduct ad-hoc and regular risk analysis as well as deep dives into various risk themes, and communicate findings.
- Participate in a wide range of on-going and new projects with Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Valuation, Quantitative Research, Model Review Group & Basel Groups
- Be familiar with processes relating to Firmwide Stress Initiative (FSI), Legal Entity Risk management and other regulatory reporting requirements such as Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR).
- Perform Scenario analysis and stress testing
- Lead the Volcker control agenda
- Constantly focusing on operating efficiently and improving processes while maintaining a strong control environment
- Strong academic background, minimum Bachelor's Degree required. JPMorgan recruits from all academic disciplines.
- Minimum five years experience working in a relevant financial discipline, Market Risk or Credit Risk experience an advantage
- Team player and future leader with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills.
- Strong skills in Excel required. Familiarity with other Microsoft products (e.g. Access, Powerpoint) and programming skills in one or more of the languages: VBA, Matlab, Python would be an added advantage.
- Lateral thinker, tenacious, commitment to getting things done and detail focused.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Inquisitive nature with an eagerness to investigate and fully understand financial products, processes and issues
- Ability to form constructive professional relationships with a wide variety of teams including other control groups.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite along with excellent written and spoken communication skills.