Associate at J.P. Morgan
Views:5528 Applications:550 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
JP Morgan - Risk Controller - Firmwide Risk Management (1-4 yrs)
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a financial holding company incorporated under Delaware law in 1968, is a leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banking institutions in the United States of America (U.S.), with operations worldwide; JPMorgan Chase had $2.6 trillion in assets and $256.6 billion in stockholders equity as of December 31, 2018. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. Under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands, the Firm serves millions of customers in the U.S. and globally many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
Firmwide Risk Management is overseen and managed on an enterprise-wide basis. The Firms risk management governance and oversite framework involves understanding drivers of risks, types of risks, and impacts of risks.
Within the broader Risk CFO organization, the Risk Controllers are at the heart of critical Finance-related Risk Management & Compliance initiatives driving effective governance and coordination of Finance-related programs for Risk & Compliance. We act as trusted advisors to the Risk Operating Committee, deliver best-in-class external risk reporting, and execute and oversee controls supporting completeness and accuracy of critical Risk data used in reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Risk Controller the ideal candidate will:
- Execute reconciliation controls in support of internal and external reporting to identify themes, and deliver concise messages to management
- Influence the direction of Risk control processes and support the global expansion of Risk Controllers into India.
- Be encouraged to think creatively, challenge status quo, and motivate team members toward strategic objectives.
- Execute the team agenda, identify opportunity areas and build partnerships across the firm within Risk Management, Regulatory Reporting, Finance, Middle Office and Technology.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Accounting (or equivalent experience)
- Masters in Business Administration, CFA or other finance certifications preferred, but not required
- 2- 4 years relevant experience in financial services performing finance, accounting or analytical functions
- Prior experience in Product Control, Financial Control and Risk Reporting would be beneficial.
Communication / Influence
- Excellent ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge, and confidently speak about these processes
- A developed leadership presence capable of effective messaging of complex systems and processes to peers and management alike
- Proven ability to work across diverse groups, build consensus and execute the agreed plans
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound and independent judgment
- Overall strong desktop skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Office applications