JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - Software Engineering - Athena (15-18 yrs)
Software Engineering - Athena - VP
- Athena is a cross-asset platform transforming technology at JP Morgan. It delivers innovative and efficient applications to a wide range of the firm's businesses, including sales, trading, operations, risk and research.
- Athena combined the best of open source technologies with innovative components developed internally, which gives you the ability to contribute to a wide range of exciting projects. Our developers enjoy working with front office, quants and other technology teams.
- The people who thrive in Athena are hands-on developers who enjoy solving challenging technical problems. You're someone who has strong computer science foundations and is comfortable working across different platforms and languages. You're inspired by working in a collaborative, fast-changing environment with a high degree of code sharing and reuse.
- If this sounds like you , then Athena could be the perfect place to grow your career.
- Our modernization strategy for Athena is to re-engineer parts of the runtime, infrastructure and applications platform to take advantage of elastic compute and "as a service" offerings from internal and external cloud providers. To continue on this transformation, we are seeking an experienced software engineer with expertise in the strategy, design, development and implementation of large-scale distributed systems.
More important are expertise in some, or all of the following:
- Large / complex 'mission critical' systems.
- Distributed systems/cloud based services
- Database technologies
- Real-time / low-latency systems.
- Functional/Reactive/OO programming
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.