JP Morgan Chase - Vice President - EMEA Client Contract Specialist - Asset Management (8-12 yrs)
EMEA Client Contract Specialist
The Contract Specialist team sits alongside our Institutional & Funds client service teams providing support in terms of drafting & negotiation of legal agreements and amendments. The team is also responsible for all control, governance, training and oversight in respect of client contracts.
Ownership of Documentation:
- Document, and update procedures/best practice in respect of negotiations
- Create/update contract language and templates as required by business or in respect to regulatory change or client feedback
- Business owner of legal agreement templates for various client types
- Obtain robust understanding of JPMorgan legal agreements and risk positions on negotiated clauses
- Produce negotiation guide, procedures, and training materials for legal agreements.
- Review all Legal Agreement Negotiation Forms, list of issues and red-lined agreements before distribution to Legal
- Develop & maintain a sound relevant industry knowledge of regulations and client base
Ownership of negotiation and escalation process
- Key partner to the Client Account management teams through drafting, negotiating and coordinating approvals of new and existing client legal agreements (including RFPs and Amendments)
- Review contracts and aid negotiations on key strategic relationships
- Identify non-standard terms in agreements, working with Legal department and other stakeholders to assess risk of such terms, and escalating approval requests to relevant Stakeholders
- Review Client-drafted agreements and work with Legal and Business heads to resolve complex issues therein
- Attend client meetings & calls as required to assist with due diligence and contractual negotiations
- Support Client Account Management Teams with contractual documentation queries
- Chair Escalation Forum, record and communicate Risk Acceptances and follow-ups agreed therein
- Ensure that the appropriate Legal Agreement Negotiation Process is followed and final documentation is properly filed into system with all internal stakeholder signoffs.
- Proactively work to bring business on board in a timely manner to maximize revenues without exposing the business to unacceptable risk
- Lead co-ordination of all stakeholders, internal & external, from initial on-boarding request through to hand off to client services for BAU servicing
- Manage successful & accurate negotiation of appropriate documentation with the client. Ensure timely implementation of all contractual obligations with relevant JPM stakeholder teams including non-standard servicing items.
Ownership of MIS, Analysis and Technology
- Own the Clause Escalation Forum pattern and trends analysis
- Monitor legal pipeline and manage team capacity according to business priorities
- Involvement in design, testing and release of automated systems to aid negotiations.
- Administration owner for clause library and templates; includes accountability for data integrity
- Control and MIS Reporting - Using various macros and excel spreadsheets, responsibility for data collation, production and analysis
- Organize and track all legal agreement negotiations in progress and regularly update Stakeholders on progress
- Aid in the build-out of a tool to systematically track terms in agreements and pre-approved language
- Monitor capacity of resource and act as escalation point for prioritisation of tasks as required.
Ownership of Business Initiatives and Global Relationships
- Work on any projects impacting contracts (repapering, contract updates, contract reviews etc.) to plan and carry out details necessary to complete the project
- Supporting ad-hoc business initiatives
- Coordinate with colleagues in US, Luxembourg and Hong Kong with a view to align/standardize procedures and approval processes as appropriate
- Educate various stakeholders on the content of agreement materials and business impacts.
Knowledge and Skills Required for Essential Job Functions
- BA or higher education degree; Law degree, paralegal or equivalent legal training preferred
- Extensive experience negotiating either Distribution Agreements, Investment Management Agreements, or similar legal agreements.
- Highly articulate and able to convey J.P. Morgan's contractual positions in a client-friendly way. Requires strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic, organizational skills and extremely high level of attention to detail are critical to the success of this function
- Extensive knowledge of asset management client structures and related interdependencies
- Technically proficient with standard office computer applications, specifically Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point. Spreadsheet skills and analysis critical
- Must be able to work independently within a team environment, and demonstrate flexibility and ability to adjust quickly to the changing demands of the business and team
- Manages time effectively. Must be able to balance multiple projects simultaneously and work well in a deadline orientated environment
- Must possess continuous process improvement mindset
- Good problem solving skills, ability to think of multiple alternatives/angles and identification of pros/cons
- Professional presence required
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.