JP Morgan Chase - Team Leader - Portfolio Analysis Group - AWM (3-6 yrs)
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Portfolio Analysis Group
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management's Portfolio Analysis Group ("PAG") with Chase Wealth Management (CWM) is responsible for performance measurement and portfolio analytics for external clients and serves as a value added source of independent analysis and thought leadership for internal clients including portfolio managers, front office advisors, sales & marketing and senior management. Analytics and activities include, but are not limited to, rate of return calculations, return attribution, risk analytics, competitive analysis and composite analysis and construction. This analysis is instrumental in helping external clients understand drivers of performance in their portfolios and internally measure the effectiveness of CWM's products and strategies.
PAG consists of over 130 investment analysis professionals located in 7 countries and 11 locations globally. Included are a dedicated business management team, platform team and data management team which support the group. The team broadly serves different client groups and business partners throughout multiple lines of business.
Description of role
PAG seeks a Team Leader in our Mumbai office to focus primarily on supporting the CWM line of business in expanding the performance and portfolio analytics capabilities of the team while building out the set of functions specific to CWM within PAG.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Primary ownership responsibilities for CWM Workflow, creating best practices, optimizing processes, examining current constructions with rigor, etc
- Liase with key CWM business partners to ensure appropriate composite composition and coverage for relevant in scope strategies
- Partner with the on-shore PAG team in the production of accurate and timely performance measurement figures for the CWM line of business
- Respond in a timely fashion to inquiries from front-office financial advisors regarding performance reports, customized calculations and portfolio analytics
- Consistent, proactive evaluation of production processes ensuring effectiveness and efficiency
- Assist with the cyclical reporting processes in the Performance and Composite spaces, with a focus on issue resolution and front office support
- Outlier Analysis and process enhancement of the preceding in performance / composite spaces
- Create opportunities for new high value added outputs in the portfolio analytics, risk statistics and composite analytics arenas
- Serve as a subject matter expert on performance methodology for the CWM line of business
- Acclimate and participate in PAG's new group-wide strategic performance technology project
- Assist in writing of business requirements, testing and preparing documentation for the various strategic projects that PAG undertakes
- Participate in all aspects of UAT and Feedback Loops for technology enhancements
- Partner with technology teams on enhancement workflow and prioritization, in conjunction with day to day production necessities
- Contribute on short-term, medium-term and longer-term strategic projects that focusing on improving the PAG's service offering and data quality.
- Responsible for all daily trade activities including: trade confirmation, trade settlements, reconciliations, etc
- Coordinate with various internal/external counterparts to ensure timely trade processing/settlement
- Monitor control practices to ensure compliance with corporate and business standards
- Monitor daily activities, ensuring market and internal deadlines are met, and escalate issues to the manager
- Ad Hoc MIS Reporting
- Managing Projects
Qualifications - Internal
KEY COMPETENCIES ESSENTIAL FOR THE JOB
The Performance Measurement Analyst must bring a relentless focus on day to day execution and relish accountability and ownership for the delivery of tangible measurable results. They must also exhibit the following qualities:
- Experienced performance measurement professional with 4-5 years of relevant experience including project experience, knowledge of composite practices a plus
- Passion for the investments business and financial markets
- Self-starter who is analytical and creative in their thinking; ability to quickly analyze information and creatively reach solutions and execute their implementation
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable with formulas, performance measurement methodology and risk measures
- Understanding of the various businesses/products within the wealth management space
- Some working knowledge of securities operations, trade processing, mainframe accounting systems and performance system architecture a plus
- Solid analytical ability to research and analyze complex data sets
- Interact and communicate effectively - written and verbal - throughout all organizational levels and roles
- Ability to confidently interact effectively with front-office personnel while working toward tight deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Ability to multi-task seamlessly while rigorously maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Comfortable in a team environment while also able to deliver on independent assignments
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Computer Science (or similar discipline) from an accredited, high quality institution
- CIPM/CFA or progress toward designation preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The apply button will redirect you to an external URL, please apply there as well.