JP Morgan Chase - Specialist - Transaction Processing - Expense Management Unit (4-7 yrs)
Hiring Manager Information
Hiring Manager :
Hiring Manager Title:
II. Department Information
Corporate & Investment Bank
Expense Management Unit
APAC / EMEA / WHEM
III. Background to the Role and Business Description
The Expense Management Unit (India Operations) is a part of the JP Morgan India captive, the shared services center of JPMorgan, in India, established in 2002, has operations across Mumbai, Bangalore, and Manila and supports JPMorgan's various Lines of Business across the entire spectrum of banking operations / activities.
The EMU is committed to providing operations of the highest quality and our integrated excellence to wide spectrum of banking operations within Corporate & Investment Banking Operations (CIB Ops)
Broad businesses under the EMU - India umbrella are Expense Management & Billing with various functions/processes Fees and Brokerage (Derivative Operations (Credit, Rates, Equities, Fixed Income, and Options), Currency Operations (FxOps), Brokerage Control etc.
The EMU focuses on building and maintaining strong relationship with clients and partner closely with technology, finance and representatives from lines of businesses to provide real time, world class service in a highly controlled environment.
IV. Job Description
The Expense Management Unit offers innovative solutions and services to various LOBs across multiple asset classes and geographies. The unit maintains relationships with hundreds of clients worldwide. In addition to this J.P. Morgan is an industry leader in providing clearing, custody, operations, and technology and order execution capabilities to broker dealers worldwide.
The Expense Management Unit - Expense Management Group is responsible for invoice management, validation/reconciliation, and allocation of charge to various LOB, Cost Centers, timely payment, NOSTRO Clearance, and MIS Reporting
The Expense Management Unit - Billing Utility is responsible for invoice generation of transaction-related charges for OTC & PB clients
The objectives of the EMU - Expense Management Group are:
(1) Daily maintenance and reconciliation of the books and records of the J.P Morgan Clearing Corp, (JPMCC) relating to clearing activities and balancing of incoming and outgoing funds
(2) Payments to counterparties and broker dealers
(3) Reporting of any abnormal trade activity to Product Controllers/traders that is consistent with the Firm's internal policies and procedures, and in accordance with Federal, State and New York Stock Exchange, Inc. ("NYSE") regulations, as well as all other self-regulatory organizations of which the Firm is a member or to whose jurisdiction the Firm is subject.
The Department is responsible for:
- Balancing all JPMCC entities within the books and records processing stream
- Balancing omnibus and suspense accounts
- Bank and international product reconciliations
- Monitoring international operations' suspense accounts
- Balancing JPMCC inter-company trading accounts
- Monitoring data processing charges allocated to select operational areas
- Reconciling delivery-versus-payment account balances
- Analyzing, accruing, allocating, and paying Electronic Communication Network (ECN) invoices
- SEC Fees Direct payment & Non Direct payment
- Analyzing, accruing, allocating, and paying international bank / floor brokerage / Stock Loan fees etc.
- Creating weekly/monthly management reports
- Special projects
- Receivable and Payable functions for stock loans/borrows and Clearing Member Trade Agreements (CMTA) for options
More specifically, the Department's activities include:
Control Management & Reporting Functions:
- Omnibus account reconciliations of Continuous Net Settles (CNS)
- The reconciliation of cash movement from JPMCC to JPMSI & JPMSL through the Firm omnibus accounts
- Reconciling Daily Suspense Accounts - U.S. and currencies for operations and International and Custodial Trust Company or CTC)
- Balancing of Bookkeeping Journal - U.S. and currencies
- Daily balancing of Bank Accounts
- CMTA - Receipt and payment of CMTA commissions and reconciling of receivable/payable accounts
- Monthly booking of income/expense and reconciling stock loan/borrow accounts, daily reconciling of receivable/payable accounts
- Notification letters to clients of cash and stock transfers
- Reconciling security and NOSTRO positions/ transactions breaks for proprietary and Prime brokerage accounts by referring it to settlements/ Middle Office/ Agents systems/reports
- Process invoices from external parties and resolve/escalate discrepancies to OU(Organization units)/Middle office
- Process journal's into firm/client accounts to resolve breaks & Reconciles cash flows through various systems and client accounts
- Perform reconciliations with regards to client accounts in firms portfolio management system
- Reconciliation over Geneva application versus JPMCC Books and Records positions and balances
V. Job Requirements
Roles & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include - process transactions and facilitate accurate and timely payment of invoices of various counterparties/brokers; meeting service levels, production workflows, and training. Support the execution of strategic business initiatives, workflow design, and implementation of the department's goals and objectives. Ensure that all company policies are followed and special projects are carried out in a competent and cost effective manner. Build strong working relationships with functional managers and develop the product and business knowledge on Prime Brokerage and Clearing Operations for the team in Bangalore.
Ensure steady flow of completing daily tasks, gain expertise over the functions you are handling and appropriate backups in all servicing functions to Business Partners throughout JPMorgan Chase. Ensure quality assurance on critical functions. Maintain productivity standards and focus on providing best in class customer service to avoid unnecessary expenses associated with customer dissatisfaction.
- Minimum Qualification - Graduates with a minimum of 4-7 years' experience in a bank, financial services/ or other service sector environment or Qualified professionals (e.g. CA, ICWA, and MBA) with 3-5 yrs. relevant experience
- Maintain effective Standard Operational Procedure
- Improving and maintaining a controlled environment (e.g. necessary controls activities along process flow implemented, appropriate control tools in place, team members fully understand risks and related controls)
- Manage relationship with internal teams, anticipate needs, take feedback, run conference calls.
- Act as a point of contact for escalations and high priority requests from internal clients.
- Send early warning reports if workloads impact turnaround time or quality parameters.
- Take responsibility for the quality of work submitted and ensure that the highest standards are maintained.
- Identify/ manage risk and control breakdowns.
- Conduct regular team meetings and coaching sessions.
- Manage projects and other initiative as required.
- Strong business knowledge i.e. Investment Banking, product knowledge in derivatives, fixed income, and equities.
- Working knowledge on reconciling security & NOSTRO positions, TLM breaks; accounts payable and receivable, reconciliation etc.
- Knowledge of accountancy, journal entries, general ledger, book keeping etc.
- Working knowledge of industry systems like TLM (trade lifecycle management), E-PI (e-Serve Payments Initiation)
- High level of attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ensure all day to day queries dealt with within required SLAs and escalate issues to the immediate manager
- Maintain and publish, weekly, monthly KPI alongside Manager and participate in discussions with onshore management and teams
- Can operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize team's work to achieve them
- Must be organized and have excellent follow-up and prioritization abilities
- Analytical, problem solver and able to multi-task
- Strong business writing and verbal English communication skills
- Flexibility to work global hours and willing to travel globally
- Good coaching skills
Preferred Skills & Experience - include specifics, as above
- Knowledge of Prime brokerage / Clearing business and the regulations relevant to these business in the US/UK market
- Strong Interpersonal skills. Should be able to communicate at all levels.
- Behavioral skills, Leadership, Problem solving and time management
- Strong planning, negotiation and analytical skills
- Assertive and self-confident.
- Encourage and practice efficient cost management
- Migration experience preferably US or UK
- Operational subject matter expertise preferred e.g. - CMTA, Floor Brokerage, Cash Equities, Agent Bank Fees, TLM, OTC Brokerage MIS reporting etc.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well