JP Morgan Chase - Senior Associate - Data & Analytics/Quant Analytics (5-10 yrs)
CCB_Data and Analytics_Quant Analytics- Associate Sr
Description: The Home Lending Data and Analytics team provides support to Home Lending Finance through various projects involving modeling, data foundation and analytics.
This position is within Home Lending Data & Analytics (HL D&A). HL D&A is part of a broader Chase Data & Analytics organization, which also has teams with functional specialties (statistical testing, modeling, data architecture) who collaborate very closely with HL D&A.
This is a quant analyst role on the HL Finance D&A team. Over the past few years, the HL Finance D&A team has primarily focused on building queries for the Finance data foundation and doing reporting. The HL Finance D&A team is a permanent team that does project work ongoing, and there are quarterly meetings with Finance to identify future projects & prioritize the backlog. The topics prioritized for 2022 are activity based costing and productivity analysis.
In this role, you would be responsible for:
- Working with Business and Finance Partners to understand operational processes and business logic
- Performing complex data mining and analytics
- Operating in a controlled environment, providing documentation showing adherence to guidelines
- Building solid data foundation to be used for multidimensional reporting
- Supporting various modeling initiatives
- Performing variance analysis to understand the key drivers of the results and presenting commentary to senior managers
- Helping design new reports and dashboards to efficiently deliver the financial results to senior management
- Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years experience in Data and Analytics
- Advanced SQL querying across multiple platforms - MS SQL Server, Oracle
- Proficiency with data mining/gathering and manipulation of big, complex data sets - Python, SQL
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic, diligent, and capable of challenging peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly
- Ability to create simple and sustainable reports and ad hoc analytics
- Proven track record for executing on special projects / assignments
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business, Finance, and D&A Teams
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
- Knowledge of the mortgage industry
- Master's Degree with 3+ years of experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.