JP Morgan Chase - Senior Analyst/Associate - Data Analytics (4-9 yrs)
Shift Timing : 2P.M -11P.M
Commercial Banking provides the complete product offering of JPMorgan Chase, including lending, treasury services, investment banking and investment management to corporations, financial institutions, municipalities, and not-for-profit entities. The Deposit Pricing /Treasury services / Real estate / Middle Market banking / Corporate Client banking segments/functions broadly focus on the management of client, portfolio deposit pricing, Product / segment/ regional profitability and returns, presentation of complex deals and investment management expertise to clients and bankers, identification of emerging client requirements, management of segment initiatives and regular portfolio reviews with key stakeholders to drive financial results.
Key technical competencies
- Supporting the Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) team in developing and delivering best in class scalable business intelligence solutions
- Expert knowledge in Data Science, Prescriptive/Predictive Analytics & Reporting domain. Provide technical and thought leadership to the team members on as-needed basis
- Drive excellent framing and communication of ideas to executive leadership using compelling quantitative and qualitative reasoning
- Provide leadership across projects from inception to completion using as-needed aspects of the analytical process including data mining and modeling
- Manage a team in support of the analytics, business intelligence, and reporting needs in MMBSI with the objective of informing/improving overall business performance.
- Support Business Intelligence reporting and data visualization implementation for analytics and other related efforts to monitor organizational performance and outcomes. Develop new dashboards and enhance existing dashboards.
- Continually evaluate new analytic and big data techniques and technologies by staying current on emerging trends in financial services and other industries. Perform competitive research analysis.
- Provide a high level of responsiveness to executive ad-hoc requests, including "what-if" scenario modeling, inquiries, and forecasting
- Interface across multiple functions to determine business needs, manage a team of technology and business process experts and drive analytical progress
- Track progress and monitor performance against key milestones and other indicators
Key skills/ Desirable Characteristics
- A strong passion for data science and analytics, and an ability to drive efforts using analytics, statistics, and project management skills. Ability to access and mine data from multiple sources, and experience integrating data streams into BI tools
- Experience managing projects and analytics efforts of various sizes and ensuring accurate and timely data gathering and the delivery of insights
- Develop team member's soft skills and technical competency by putting together personal development plans for all team members. Ensure the team is adequately cross-trained and cover is in place for all key functions/businesses/regions
- Create an environment within the team which fosters knowledge sharing and open forums
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment while carrying multiple projects at any given time. Prior stakeholder engagement (VP and above) is desirable