JP Morgan Chase - Operations Analyst - Finance Reference Data (2-4 yrs)
Finance Reference Data Operations Analyst
- The team does set up and maintenance of General Ledger Accounts, Business Units (Cost Centers) and Legal entities in the system of record (SoR).
- The team partners with various stakeholders i.e. Legal Entity Controllers, Finance Planning and Analysis team and various MIS team across businesses.
Primary Responsibilities of the team :
- Set up and maintenance of finance dimensions in the system of record.
- Monitor, track, and report on the timeliness and completeness of source data.
- Partner with finance partners and technology to identify root cause and resolve issues.
- Reconcile and remediate data to align to the books and records of the firm on periodic basis.
- Support the sourcing of data into the Risk and Finance applications.
Key attributes :
- Good understanding and knowledge on accounting principles.
- Analytical ability with attention to detail.
- Experience in reporting / metrics.
- Good communication skills as the role will require to partner with various stakeholders.
- Experience in reconciliation process between risk and finance platforms would be preferred.
- Basic knowledge on SQL, tableau, python, etc. would be preferred, but is not a requirement.
Educational Qualification : Finance discipline ; B.COM / MBA
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal team members, as well as with other teams within the firm
- Prepare client-specific reporting
- Prepare regulatory reporting, such as draft financial statements and regulatory reports
- Adapt to and execute changes to regulatory requirements
- Prioritize tasks and assignments to meet deadlines, and escalate concerns to direct manager
- Demonstrate familiarity and competence with departmental and team procedures and applicable systems
- Recommend adjustments and improvements to departmental and team procedures and applicable system enhancements
- Strong analytical, prioritization, organizational, and time management skills
- Problem solving / issue resolution skills as well as customer service skills
- Team player with the ability to work productively within a group
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Financial Reporting, Fund Administration, Accounting and/or Custody experience, preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting or Finance preferred) or equivalent experience preferred
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates :
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
- Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.