JP Morgan Chase - Legal Operations Analyst - Third Party Oversight Research (2-3 yrs)
Position Title: Legal Operations Analyst - Third Party Oversight Research Analyst (502)
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
- The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for the provision of legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally align with the Corporation's lines of business and corporate staff areas. This structure encourages legal teams and businesses and staff areas to discuss legal, regulatory and business developments effectively and in a timely manner.
- Office of the General Counsel (OGC) supports the Legal department's delivery of legal services through an application of Legal and other professional disciplines. Legal Third Party Oversight (TPO) is a division within the Office of the General Counsel that provides oversight of, and manages the relationships with, outside counsel engaged by JPMC. The primary role of the TPO Research Analyst is to pull available public information on Outside Counsel to evaluate the reputational risk of the firms. The candidate will also be responsible for monitoring outside counsel's customer complaints and use of sub-contractors. The Research Associate will work closely with the Legal Department and other internal key stakeholders to resolve escalated issues pertaining to their research work.
- Complete Outside Counsel Research Reports prior to the Legal Review Team's Assessments.
- Manage the Legal TPO Subcontractor Report and handle Outside Counsel Subcontractor inquiries in an appropriate manner, escalating to key stakeholders as needed.
- Monitor Outside Counsel customer complaints and completing the monthly attestation requirements for Corporate TPO.
- Create or enhance department procedures/processes, and facilitate meetings necessary for achieving department objectives.
- Work closely with direct manager and extended team to strategize and spearhead overall program initiatives and support various operational issues related to TPO functions.
- Professionally manage confidential and sensitive matters while adhering to documentation and audit requirements.
- Cross train across the TPO team in order to readily participate in ongoing selective projects and perform other tasks related to the comprehensive Outside Counsel oversight program.
- Help build/manage Tableau Dashboards.
- Use Alteryx to build data process flows and prep data for use in Tableau Dashboards.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 2 years vendor management or oversight/controls experience
- Strong communication skills in English required .
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to effectively draft and share information related to legal, operational and corporate requirements
- Strong analytical, reasoning, and pattern recognition skills with the ability to identify items that may require escalation and special handling
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects independently, follow tight deadlines, and prioritize work
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to manage in a fast-paced environment that is impacted by not only internal policy changes, but also changes presented by regulators
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability when dealing with fluctuating requirements and new processes
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in Alteryx and Tableau is preferred.
- Must work comfortably and professionally with attorneys, senior management, across several lines of business, and various TPO teams
- Proactively improve support services by building upon best practice and tools
- Must be a self-motivator and be able to work with minimal direction
- Attorney experience not needed for this role
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The link provided below will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.