JP Morgan Chase - Executive Director - IB Technology Strategy - Securities Services (15-20 yrs)
Executive Director, IB Technology Strategy (Securities Services)
We are looking for people with strong leadership skills, strategic thinking and ability to drive large-scale technical solutions across the full application stack. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in financial markets, subject matter expertise in securities processing and/or custody, and a proven track record in working on complex technology projects.
The candidate will work within the Securities Processing E2E team as a hands-on business analyst who will leverage their knowledge to drive the cash processing strategy for the Securities Services business. The candidate will also manage and oversee a team of business analysts and project managers leading large-scale programs.
This specific role will be within an aggressive delivery team tasked with building an in-house Securities Processing technology platform globally, encompassing a Trade Booking layer, Settlement Engine capable of supporting all global markets, an Asset Record, an Asset Servicing solution & a strategic Data-Warehouse to support downstream requirements for reporting and analytics.
The ability to bridge the gap between business and technology is paramount in this role, to drive the business forward in their objectives.
Key Responsibilities :
- Strategy and execution lead for multiple programs for delivery of the integrated trade booking, settlement, and Asset Record flow for Securities Services cash processing
- Business analyst and project lead for the delivery of the integrated trade booking, settlement, and Asset Record flow for Securities Services, with oversight of the deliverables & resources distributed across many different technology teams
- Oversight and development of a team of project managers and business analysts
- Defines the cross-application functional architecture / system flow to meet the business needs and partners with multiple Product, Operations & Technology leads globally on Business & Tech strategy to deliver an E2E solution
- Understands business requirements, performs detailed analysis, and produces associated functional specifications across multiple functions and applications.
- Defines and tracks the end-to-end build, testing, and implementation timeline across all applications
- Produces implementation approach, timelines, and go-live strategy.
- Provide regular updates to senior management in Technology, Operations, or Custody Product organizations
Essential skills and experience :
- 14+ years of experience in project management and business analysis; experience of full project life-cycle, including breaking requirements down into technical deliverables, estimating the work required, and building detailed project plans
- Strong background and understanding of end to end trade processing lifecycle (including: instruction capture, settlements, books and records, legal entity flows, accounting and regulatory requirements
- 5+ years of experience in people management
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with the Product, Operations and Technology teams on a daily basis who are both business and technically sophisticated
- Ability to coherently construct and present business requirements and solutions based on input from various sources
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills
- Experience in working with technology development teams during build and implementation phases
Desirable skills :
- Experience and/or willing to be involved in the technical detail of projects and systems both in terms of analysis, modelling and problem solving
- Experience in Custody products
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.