Associate at JP Morgan Chase
Views:388 Applications:77 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
JP Morgan Chase - Data Scientist Associate - CIB Wholesale Payments (5-6 yrs)
Data Scientist Associate - CIB Wholesale Payments Data and Analytics
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world's corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments is one of the world's largest providers of treasury management and merchant services. Wholesale Payments sits at the intersection of finance and technology and is one of the largest players (processing $6 trillion of payments a day) in an industry undergoing a major transformation. J.P. Morgan's TS business is a full-service provider of innovative cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and escrow services - specifically developed to meet the challenges treasury professionals face today. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their business to J.P. Morgan.
The Wholesale Payments Data and Analytics team is responsible for defining and executing the multi-year global analytics strategy and roadmap. We are a new and rapidly growing team of change agents inside J.P. Morgan. We are data scientists, design strategists, and business leaders creating and building data products that transform the way we and our clients do business - balancing the art of decision making with science. What we build matters and will have huge impact; our products and solutions will reach thousands of our clients around the world, and affect how J.P. Morgan does business, moving trillions of dollars a day.
New technologies, analytics and business models are emerging with the potential to radically transform financial services. You will be at the leading edge inside the company driving change.
You will :
- Explore how money moves through our network and around the world. Working in close partnership with teams selling, developing and creating Wholesale Payments products, including consumer-to-business payments, B2B payments, liquidity and cash management, FX, trade finance and more, turning data into insights to impact the strategy and direction of JPM products.
- Develop approaches for understanding each individual client and their behavior to deliver highly impactful custom insights /consulting for a continually improved payment experience
- Invent creative and innovative ways to answer key business questions by leveraging existing data assets or creating new ones
- Develop, plan and execute analytical projects as an individual contributor and in teams. Bring order to disparate requirements with high tolerance for ambiguity, very strong problem-solving ability, and excellent client engagement skills
- Contribute to - productization- analytical insights in collaboration with product managers, end users, developers, and other stakeholders to integrate data discoveries and processes into operational capabilities
- Be a data storyteller, deliver practical data insights in a compelling manner. Articulate findings clearly and concisely including presentations, discussions and visualizations.
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in the wide range domains in payments and liquidity to support a diverse set of products. Developing bank data into a data asset will require deep expertise in current-state systems and the ability to understand how it all works will allow us to insert tactical and strategic product solutions in the mix between legacy back-end
Who you are :
- Quantitative background - Degree in analytical field (e.g. econometrics, statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer science). 5+ year's relevant experience. Expertise in data mining, quantitative research techniques, theories, principles, and practices. Understanding of statistics, optimization and machine learning methodologies.
- Experience across the full range of database and business intelligence tools especially SQL on Hadoop (Hive, Impala, Spark), Python and ability for rapid prototyping in Tableau; publishing and presenting information in an engaging way. Understanding of algorithms and software engineering fundamentals.
- Exposure to Natural Language Processing, deep learning, experimental design and A/B testing, recommender systems or other deployed data products is preferred.
- Passionate, creative, and analytical. You love data, curious to explore and unveil insights to create a business story and to impact key business decisions
- Hybrid at your core- part statistician, part computer scientist, part researcher, looking for order and patterns in data. This is an incredible opportunity for hybrid thinkers that love to learn and synthesize in a high-performing culture.
- You can frame ambiguous business questions into analytical plans (e.g., assess data needs, source files, prepare data, create new features, evaluate quality, etc.), and execute.
- Cognitive and Communications Skill - Highly articulate, built upon an underlying fundamental clarity of thought. General ability to root out fundamental issues, bring order from chaos, synthesize elegant insights, and drive to clear decisions.